TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
Diya Aur Baati Hum lead actors Deepika Singh and Anas Rashid bagged the Har Ghar Ka star recognition at the 11th Star Parivaar Awards held at the Yash Raj Studio here. Deepika plays the character of Sandhya and Anas aka Sooraj is paired opposite her in the TV serial which recently completed its 500 episodes.
Apart from winning the Har Ghar Ka star title, Deepika, 23, also took home the 'Favourite Bahu' tag for her portrayal of obedient but intelligent wife. "I am happy that I won two awards. I am thankful to Diya Aur Baati Hum for giving me an identity in the serial," said Deepika.
The award ceremony also witnessed the audio/visual narration of Union Minister Kapil Sibal's poem on women. It talked about the atrocities of women every day at the hands of a merciless society. The glitzy award ceremony was choreographed by Shiamak Davar, his first endeavour for a small screen award function.
Sanjay Leela Bhanslai's small screen venture Saraswatichandra manged to bag two awards in the evening - 'favourite beta' (Gautam Rode) and 'favourite beti' (Jennifer Winget). Child female protagonist Harshita Ojha of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas... Veera fame won the 'favourite behan' title after beating Gopi, Preeti and Mandvi of other shows.
Reality TV shows like India's dancing superstar, Nach Baliye and Master Chef India also bagged many awards. Actress Shilpa Shetty, who was one of the judges of Nach Baliye, was given a special award at the event. "I am really honoured that I have bagged this special award. I always get nervous when I get an award because I haven't got many in my career," she said.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh bagged the 'favourite judge' for Master Chef India and India's Dancing Superstar, respectively, whereas Jai and Mahi of Nach Baliye fame got the 'favourite pratiyogi' title.