- Ritu Shivpuri Bags Dadasaheb Phalke Award For The Best Television Debut
- 24 Season 2 Trailer: Bigger & Better; Anil Kapoor Is Back With A Gripping Tale! [PICS]
- 24 Season 2: Anil Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Sonam Kapoor & Others Walk The Black Carpet [PICS]
- Anil Kapoor, Tamil Star Suriya Clash Over Title “24”
- Anil Kapoor's 24 Season 2 Shooting To Start In May
- Shoot Of Anil Kapoors 24 Season Two To Start Soon
Director Abhinay Deo has denied that the season two of espionage series 24 (24 India) will be based on the 2008 Mumbai attacks. It was reported earlier that the next season of the Indian adaptation of the hit American show would be about the terror attacks in the city.
"We are currently at the scripting stage of the next season. We will start shooting the second season from January next year. These are all rumours that it will focus on Mumbai terror attacks. One should not believe in such reports," Abhinay told.
The 'Delhi Belly' filmmaker says there will be few new additions to the second season. "Apart from Jai Singh's Rathod's (played by Anil Kapoor) character, there will be some new faces on the show this time," he said.
The original US version starred Kiefer Sutherland as Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) agent Jack Bauer. After acquiring the rights from US Fox network to remake the Indian version, it made its successful debut on Colors last year. Abhinay recently finished shooting a 45-minute film. which will be shown on MTV.
The channel has tied up with Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), to make six films that highlight their brand values and philosophies. "My film 'The girl in me' is not about product placement. It's about a girl's transformation and how she gains confidence to be the girl she wants to be. I am the creative director of the film," said Abhinay, who will also start shooting his next two feature films, yet untitled, in 2015.