- Aamir Khan REVEALS His First Salary For Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak & It Will Leave You Surprised!
- What Happened When Aamir Khan Told Rajkumar Hirani That He Wants To Play Sanjay Dutt?
- Why Did Aamir Khan Refuse To Play Ranbir Kapoor’s Father In Sanjay Dutt’s Biopic?
- Does Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Regret Rejecting Big Banner Films Starring Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan?
- WAIT, WHAT! Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Copy Aamir Khan's Unique Instagram Strategy?
- 30 Years Of Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak: When Aamir Khan Stuck The Posters Of The Film On Autos In Night
Aamir Khan's Satyame Jayate episode that showcased it was possible for alcoholics to get out of alcohol addiction gave hope for lakhs of people around the country. Around 3 lakhs of alcoholics and their families reached out to the Alcoholic Anonymous.
Satyamev Jayate, the only show on Indian television that has a Bollywood star like Aamir Khan showcasing realities on screen and bringing the hard facts that are usualy sweapt below the mats. One such issue was alcoholism in India and the issues millions are facing because of it.
The Star Plus show, by presenting the realization that total de-addiction was possible offered hope to those whose lives had been drowing in alcohol for years. The show proved to them that it was possible to come of out the addition fully and lead a happy life sans the addiction.
"Alcoholics Anonymous and it's lakhs of members, who were at some point of time were themselves addicts have shown to us that it's possible," said Aamir Khan.
"The day on which the Satyamev Jayate episode aired is a turning point of my life," said one of the anonymous addict who has recovered from his addiction and has thus far been able to lead a hppy life with his family.