- Photos: Deepika, Parineeti, Kangna Join Aamir For Satyamev Jayate Finale!
- Aamir Khan Emotional During Satyamev Jayate Telecast!
- Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate To Start In October, First Promo Out!
- I Stopped Being Judgemental After Satyamev Jayate: An Emotional Aamir Khan
- 3 Lakh Alcoholics Seek Help After Aamir Khan's Satyamev Jayate Episode!
- Star Parivaar Awards 2014: Biggest Most Grandest Affair!
Admitting the petition by advocate Mandeep Kaur, the court of civil judge Jaswinder Singh on Friday had issued notice to Aamir Khan to file a reply by December 19.
In her petition, Kaur alleged that Aamir Khan's conduct on his show Satyamev Jayate was a violation of the Supreme Court order on homosexuality.
Through the petition, she sought the court's intervention to declare Khan's act a contempt of court.
The show, which was telecast on October 19 on a private channel, had discussed the lifestyle and rights of eunuchs and gays/lesbians, a matter on which the Supreme Court had already given its judgement, she said.
Kaur alleged that the actor in his show had asked the public to vote for amendments in Section 377 of the IPC (gays/lesbians as illegal).
The actor has been seen promoting Section 377 of the IPC in favour of rights of homosexuals, which was against the law of the land, the petitioner alleged.
She alleged that the actor had promoted a criminal offence on television through his show.
Kaur said that she had sent a legal notice to the actor on October 19 itself seeking an unconditional apology from him with 24 hours after the telecast of the show, but she received no response from him.