- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
A brave girl, trafficked at the age of nine in the name of marriage, has won kudos from megastar Amitabh Bachchan on his show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. Fatima Khatoon's tale would be featured in the game show tomorrow alongwith actress Rani Mukerjee who plays the lead role in the upcoming film 'Mardaani', which is also based on child trafficking.
"It was a very proud moment for me to sit on the hot seat along with Rani Mukerjee. She told me that the film is also very similar to my life. I am overwhelmed after getting a medal and a standing ovation from her and Amitabhji at the show," Khatoon, who finally began an anti-trafficking campaign, told over phone from Bihar.
"They will show how I reached the brothel after marriage, fought against the establishment there, came out and stood on my own feet," the 28-year-old said. In 2004, Khatoon began the first womens group inside the red light area in Forbesganj. She now leads Apne Aap Girls program in Uttari Rampur red light area. A mother of six children, she now organises women to fight for their own rights and the rights of their daughters to live a life free of sexual exploitation.
"I also investigate against trafficking rings. Me and my daughter have been constantly attacked by the traffickers who try to keep her away from going to school," she said. Khatoon has also won a handsome amount on the show. "I will use the money to raise my six children and build a home for them," she said. She also plans to build a shelter home for women in distress.