- Ayushmann Khurrana On Playing A Blind Musician, Working With Dangal Girl Sanya Malhotra & Much More!
- Varun Dhawan Confesses That He Was Once Jealous Of Ayushmann Khurrana!
- SHOCKING CONFESSION! Bhumi Pednekar Finds Ayushmann Khurrana MORE TALENTED Than Rajkummar Rao
- I Will Continue To Choose Films That Are Interesting: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Ayushmann Khurrana: Going To Delhi Is Like Going Back Home!
- A TASTE OF ACTION! You Won't Believe What Ayushmann Khurrana Is Up To In His Next Film!
It was a surreal moment for VJ-turned-Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana when he was called upon to mentor the contestants in the upcoming season of India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj. He says that it was the same show that rejected him many years ago when he came for an audition.
The 29-year-old, who came into the limelight after winning the second season of MTV Roadies, recollects how he was rejected for India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj just because of his unconventional looks.
"It was the spring of 2003 when I auditioned for season one of India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj and I was rejected," Ayushmann said here Thursday at the press conference to launch the show along with actress Parineeti Chopra and director Vijay Krishna Acharya.
"It's quite surreal that I am on the panel as friend (and) as a Bollywood buddy this time. I remember in 2003 I was this nerdy looking thin guy with spectacles. (I was) not six feet tall conventional hero. But that was ten years back," he added.
"Now times have changed and it is the golden era of Indian cinema. We have gone beyond nepotism. This is the time where anybody with decent amount of talent can be an actor," said Ayushmann, who made a successful Bollywood debut with 2012 film Vicky Donor.
"Doors (of Indian cinema) are open for everyone. This is the golden era of Indian cinema and anybody can be an actor," Ayushmann added.
Besides Ayushmann and Parineeti will be seen as mentors to the contestants on the show.