- Upen Deletes Break-Up Tweets; Says ‘He & Karishma Are Not Splitting’ & It’s Not A Publicity Stunt!
- Not Shocking! Another Bigg Boss Couple Heads To Splitsville: Karishma Tanna & Upen Patel Part Ways!
- Bigg Boss 8 Contestant Arya Babbar Ties The Knot With GF Jasmine Puri; Karishma-Upen Attend-PICS
- Karishma Tanna Turns 32; Enjoys With Best Friend In Dubai
- Karishma Tanna Feels Nostalgic About Bigg Boss 8
- Ex-Bigg Boss Contestant Upen Patel Excited About Bigg Boss 9
Dubai-based singer-actor Ali Quli Mirza, the first wild card entrant of Bigg Boss 8, says the reality show is the perfect platform for him to promote his upcoming film 'Roar'. Ali will be making his Bollywood debut with the Kamal Sadanah-directed thriller, which will release on October 31.
The actor said another major reason for him to join the TV show was its host Salman Khan, who had launched the trailer of 'Roar' earlier. "'Bigg Boss is the biggest platform for any actor, singer or performer. My film is releasing later this month. So, what better place to promote my film other than 'Bigg Boss'? Last season Elli Avram promoted her film 'Mickey Virus' from the house. So, that is one reason to be part of the show. Another reason is of course Salman Khan.
"I consider him one of the biggest icons present today. He is so supportive of newcomers. He also launched the trailer of my film. To be a part of the show he hosts is a dream come true," Ali told before entering the 'Bigg Boss' house.
The actor said he is well aware of the happenings inside the house as he regularly watched the show, which is currently in its fourth week. "I am a fan of the show because of Salman Khan. I have watched episodes of previous seasons and all the episodes of the current one. So yes I have been following 'Bigg Boss'. I know what is happening," he said.
Ali also said that he is not worried about the fact that he might be cornered by other contestants, who have been in the house since day one. "I don't have any such fears. Besides I know few of the contestants already. I have worked with Arya Babbar, Diandra Soares, Karishma Tanna, Minnisha Lamba. I also know Puneet ji and Upen Patel. I don't have any strategies. I am entering the house with the sole aim to entertain the masses," Ali said.