- Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki: Was Kritika Kamra Approached For Kratika Sengar’s Role?
- Is Karan Kundra’s Ex Girlfriend Kritika Kamra The Reason For Problems Between Him & Anusha Dandekar?
- Bigg Boss 11: Ravi Dubey Shares A Heartfelt Message For Shilpa; Gauhar’s Mom Prayed For Shilpa’s Win
- WELCOME 2018! Top Bollywood Debutantes To Watch Out For In The Upcoming Year
- Kunal Jaisingh, Rakhi Sawant, Tejasswi Prakash & Others Mourn The Loss Of Actor Shashi Kapoor!
- Chandrakanta Spoiler: Prince Shivdutt Defeats Prince Virendra Singh To Impress Chandrakanta!
TV actress Kritika Kamra has taken a break from fiction shows to try her luck in the celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. The 25-year-old Kuch Toh Log Kahenge star feels the storyline of fiction shows on small screen is similar to what she did few years ago.
"I was away from the small screen for a long time after Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. I returned as a host for MTV Webbed because I wanted to do something different after doing fiction for almost six years on TV," Kritika said. "I did those shows because I wanted to do that kind of work at that time in my career. Now many characters and serials are similar to what I have done in the past. So, I kept away from fiction," Kritika said.
The actress said opting for a reality show like Jhalak... was a conscious decision to break the mould and explore a different side. "The show is all about you and how much effort you put in to survive on the show. You have to be as good as your choreographer. This is kind of an experiment for me. I am exploring myself and want to know where I stand," she said.
Asked if she is comfortable being a part of reality show like Bigg Boss, Kritika said she would like to keep her life private. "I prefer talent hunt shows. I am not open to a show like Bigg Boss as I am a private person and can't let my life go public like this. I have nothing against the show and I have immense respect for the people who participate in it."
For Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Kritika is leaning dance from scratch because she is not a professional dancer. Her first performance on the show would be a 3D free-style dance with her choreographer. "My training in dance is from scratch. Unlike others, I was not a professional dancer. I was rather a bathroom dancer. And in this show how much you have grown as a dancer is what matters," she said.
Kritika, who is currently hosting 'Webbed', is not apprehensive that she has to struggle a lot to strike a balance between the two shows. "It's a weekly show and that's why I can manage both. I am not the kind of person who can strike a balance between daily soap and a talent hunt show."