- Manikarnika: Ankita Lokhande Looks Picture Perfect As Jhalkari Bai In This First Look!
- WELCOME 2018! Top Bollywood Debutantes To Watch Out For In The Upcoming Year
- Arjun Bijlani Celebrates Birthday With TV Beauties Mouni Roy, Adaa Khan, Drashti Dhami & Others!
- Did Sushant Singh Rajput Give Zee Rishtey Awards A Miss Because Of Ankita Lokhande?
- Zee Rishtey Awards 2017:Sriti Jha, Ankita Lokhande, DiVek, Surbhi Jyoti & Others Rock The Red Carpet
- #FathersDay: Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel, Ankita Lokhande & Other TV Celebs Share Adorable Pics
- SEE HERE! Ankita Lokhande Posts A New Picture With Beyhadh Actor Kushal Tandon!
- KISSA COFFEE DATE KA! Sushant Singh Rajput On Rekindling His Relationship With Ex GF Ankita Lokhande
- #MothersDay: Divyanka, Hina, Namik & Other TV Actors Share Super Cute Pictures With Their Moms
- Pavitra Rishta Actress Ankita Lokhande Is Miffed About Her Link-up Rumours With Vikas Jain!
- After Her Breakup With Sushant Singh Rajput, Has Ankita Lokhande Found New Love In Vikas Jain?
- SHOCKING! Ankita Lokhande To Replace Surbhi Jyoti In Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai?
Ankita's five-and-a-half year rishta with Pavitra Rishta has ended. And the pretty actress is now at a loose end.
There is no plan to do another serial right away. "I've been so pampered by Balaji Telefilms. Ekta (Kapoor) mam has spoilt me. I've never worked with any other television unit, and I wonder what it'd be like!"
Ankita is now looking forward to doing a film with Sushant. "I am getting good offers for daily soaps. But I'm not too sure I want to do another soap at this stage of my career. A film with Sushant would be ideal. I've asked him to make it happen. He will. He loves me too much to say no to anything," she said.
At the moment Ankita has a wish-list of activities she wants to take up. "I've never had the time to work out in a gym. So I want to take that up seriously. Then I always wanted to swim and play badminton. I'll be doing that as well."
And what about marriage with Sushant? "There is no immediate plan, though I've threatened him that he better marry me next year, or I won't marry him....But seriously, Sushant is too sweet. He keeps me really happy. I am really lucky to have him in my life. We both need one month off to get married. He is too busy to spare that kind of time."
Ankita intends to continue working after marriage. "Of course! Both Sushant and I come from families of working women. My mother has been a teacher for more than two decades. Sushant wants me to continue working after marriage. He says an idle mind is a devil's workshop," she said.
Post Pavitra Rishta
Actress Ankita Lokhande, who became a star post her stint in Pavitra Rishta, recently shot for the last episode of the daily soap, and says now she has sacrificed a lot for the show will go on a long break.
When asked about her future plans, Ankita said, "I am going on a holiday. I am going on a break till next year. I really don't know what I am going to do, but I want to enjoy this phase where there is no work. So, for sure till next year I am not taking up any work."
An interesting show, Pavitra Rishta garnered impressive viewership when it went on air in 2009 and the storyline managed to hook the audience because of the content and lead pair Ankita and Sushant Singh Rajput's on-screen chemistry.
But like any other Balaji Telefilms' show, this one's storyline too lost the plot after many leaps. Also, Sushant's exit in 2011 made a dent in its popularity.
Sacrificed A Lot
"I have sacrificed a lot for this show. We used to work during Diwali, birthdays, and Holi, but I had a great time working with Balaji. It's like a family. It's a nostalgic moment that the show has come to an end," Ankita, who is dating Sushant, told recently.