TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Popular TV actress Aishwarya Sakhuja, who shot to fame as Toasty in hit soap Saas Bina Sasuraal, says she does not want to do run-of-the-mill shows on small screen. The model-turned-actress is currently doing Main Naa Bhoolungi, a thriller-drama being aired on Sony TV.
"I don't want to do any run-of-the-mill shows. After Saas Bina Sasuraal, it took me a while to choose a fiction show which I liked. It (Saas...) was a path breaking show for me and I was looking for something bigger after that," the 27-year-old said. "This industry gives you a lot and also takes away a lot from you. In my case, my health suffered and so I took a break. I wanted to recover completely and then get back to work. Being without work makes you feel depressed. I love to act and will do so till I die," she said.
Aishwarya became a household name with her lead character in Saas Bina Sasuraal, a comedy-drama involving a family which has only male members. Toasty (her character in the show) comes into the family sans mother-in-law after her marriage. The show was on air from 2010 to 2012. In the new TV show, she plays Shikha, a simple and sweet college girl. Her parents get her married to a young man who, on face of it, comes across as an ideal husband.
But he has a dark secret -- his dreams are all about torturing and killing her. "It is a thriller-drama with lots of twists. The show and my role is opposite of Toasty of 'Saas Bina Sasuraal'. I want to break the Toasty mould and bring Shikha into the limelight," Aishwarya said. Main Naa Bhoolungi is about crime against women and Aishwarya is glad with the fact that today such cases are at least being reported.
"Crimes against women had been happening for years but they are now getting reported. It is sad women feel unsafe in India and fear reporting the crime. It makes me angry to see how easily criminals go scot-free and repeat their offence because we don't have strict laws.
Aishwarya has been seen as a married woman on TV, but in real life she is not. She is in a relationship with Rohit Nag, producer-director of ad films and movies, but marriage is not her priority. There are no plans of marriage as of now. May be after a few years we will take our relationship forward with our parents' blessings," she added.