- HIDDEN MOTIVE? Rekha Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Be In Good Books Of Amitabh Bachchan's Family
- Amitabh Bachchan: It Takes Hard Work To Survive & Breathe!
- Amitabh Bachchan Calls '60 Year' Copyright Rule Rubbish, Lashes Out Against It
- Aamir Khan On His Birthday: I Was Wishing Amitabh Bachchan Should Wish Me First And He Did
- Aamir Khan Celebrates His Birthday With Thugs Of Hindostan Cast In Jodhpur!
- Amitabh Bachchan In Pain Because Of Heavy Thugs Of Hindostan Costumes; Says He's Fine Now
- Back In Action: CID Team On 'The Kapil Sharma Show' This Weekend!
Actress Rajshri Rani Pandey, who plays the lead role of Suhani in upcoming show Suhani Si Ek Ladki, says her character is funny and does not cry, unlike other female protagonists on TV. Pandey, 25, has previously done small roles in shows, like Savdhaan India, Haunted Nights and CID, but her new show on Star Plus will see her in a full-fledged role.
"Suhani is simple, innocent, pure at heart. She finds good in everyone and loves her family but what makes her different from other characters is that she is funny, cracks jokes and does not cry. It's been two months of shooting and I have not cried yet. I am happy about that," Pandey said.
The actress said she enjoys playing Suhani as she is shown as megastar Amitabh Bachchan's fan. "I myself am a huge Amitabh Bachchan fan so it is fun mouthing his dialogues," she said, adding that she would love to work with Big B one day.
When asked if like other female lead characters on TV, Suhani will be shown tolerating injustice, Rajshri said, "Suhani is soft spoken but gives back to people. If they are mean to her, she sweetly tells them off."
The show is a story of love and friendship and traces the journey of three characters, Suhani, Soumya and Yuvraj, and their different ideologies. "It is a fresh love story and unlike other shows, which start on a fresh note and end up in kitchen-drama, ours will remain a love story throughout. I am hopeful about that," Pandey said.
Rajshri said she is friendly with the other two actors and her relationship with Neha Yadav, who plays Suhani's best friend Soumya in the show, is great. "We share room, have lot of fun. There has not been any problem so far between us. In fact, the whole cast and the director are great I am living a dream, and I enjoy every bit of my work. For my role, I had to learn to drive a scooty. I also injured myself many a times but all was fun," she said. PTI