- Ram Kapoor Says He Will Shoot Himself Before He Compares Himself To Salman Khan!
- OMG! Salman Khan Charged A Whopping Amount Of Rs 4 Crores For Just One Episode!
- Oo La La! Ram Kapoor & Sakshi Tanwar To Share A Passionate Kiss AGAIN In Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat 2!
- FIRST LOOK! Sakshi Tanwar & Ram Kapoor Are Back With Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
- WATCH: Sakshi Tanwar & Ram Kapoor Has A Message For Their Fans!
- Bade Acche Lagte Hain Jodi Ram Kapoor & Sakshi Tanwar In Ekta Kapoor’s Bold ‘Web Series’!
Popular TV actor Ram Kapoor says he does not just want to become a star but a 'star character actor' and be recognised on the lines of Pankaj Kapur, Amrish Puri and Boman Irani. "I wish to reach the level of my idols like actor Sanjeev Kumar. I am talking about character actors.
My ambition is not to become star but a 'star character actor', who get respect like Pankaj Kapur, Amrish Puri, Naseeruddin Shah and Boman Irani. I look upto them," Kapoor told PTI here. Kapoor, 40, who has acted in shows like 'Heena', 'Ghar Ek Mandir' and others, gained popularity with his portrayal as Jai Walia in TV show 'Kasamh Se' and also appreciated for his performance as Ram Kapoor in ongoing serial 'Bade Achhe Lagte Hain'.
He has also starred in films like 'Monsoon Wedding', 'Karthik Calling Karthik', 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu', 'Udaan' and 'Student Of The Year', but struck gold with his role in Yash Raj's 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti'. Kapoor is happy with whatever success he has achieved both on small and big screen and feels lucky to have made a place in the industry.
"I wish to achieve the level of respect and love they (actors Sanjeev Kumar, Pankaj Kapoor) earned, may be in next five or ten years. If I can end my career with lot of respect as a character actor, I will be very satisfied and happy," he said.
The actor attributed his success to bit of luck factor as well. "I think no matter how much talented you are, you work hard but luck also matters. I know how lucky I have been. I am lucky that I am a household name," he said. "It's been 15 years that I am in the industry and I know actors who are talented but are (still) struggling," he added.