- Latest TRP Ratings: Star Plus Witnesses Major DROP; Rising Star Tribute To Sridevi Is On Top Slot!
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’s Avantika Hundal Aka Mihika Gets Threat Messages!
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein SPOILER: Raman Sent To Mental Asylum; Ishita In Danger; Team To Shoot Abroad!
- Latest TRP Ratings: Kumkum Bhagya & Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Drop Down; Naamkaran Is Back In TRP Race!
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: Simmi Hell-bent On Destroying Raman; Will Ishita Save Raman From Simmi’s Trap?
- When Anita Hassanandani’s Fan Compared Her To Katrina Kaif!
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein SPOILER: MAJOR TWIST! Dulhan Swap On The Show; Ishita To Take Mihika’s Place!
Anita, who had her excitement to the peak, confirmed the news but refused to divulge details about her role in the movie, "Yes, it's true. It's produced by Salman and directed by Nikhil Advani. It should release sometime next year. It's an exciting role, very unlike what I play in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. So yes, I am experimenting, taking up interesting work and working with great people," she said in a statement.
The film apparently is a modernised version of the 1983 film, in which Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri had essayed the lead roles. The film will also mark the debut of Aditya Pancholi's son Sooraj Pancholi as well as Sunil Shetty's daughter Athiya Shetty.
Anita is best known for her roles in serials like Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli, Kavyanjali, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and many more. This offer is not an entry level start to Anita as she is not new to the industry. She has acted in many well-known movies like Taal, Koi Aap Sa, Dus Kahaniyaan and many more.
She currently essays the role of Shagun who is in the negative role in the serial. She is showcased as someone who is too ego centric, self-centred and someone who does not give a damn to family. Shagun is the main reason behind all the troubles in the life of the protagonists of the show.
Anita in 2013 had married a businessman. She believes that life after her marriage has been much luckier for her in terms of getting roles and projects and she considers her husband as her lucky charm.
She after the fail of few movies was not seen much outside as well as in the shows. But then when she made a comeback there was no looking. She in an interview had said "My work is appreciated, I am getting good offers. Honestly, we are both doing well professionally. My husband has also been busy with work and so have I. My roles are appreciated. And for the first time I dubbed for my Punjabi film too. I think that generally a woman brings in luck for her husband after marriage but in my case my husband is lucky for me."
We wish Anita the very best and hope to see her soon at the movies.