- Siddharth Shukla ARRESTED For Ramming His BMW Into More Than 3 Cars; 3 Injured!
- Is Dil Se Dil Tak Going Off Air? Here’s What Jasmin Bhasin & Rohan Gandotra Have To Say
- TOP Controversies of 2017:Kapil-Sunil Fight, Pehredaar Piya Ki Ban, IPKKND, Piyush’s Arrest & Others
- FINALLY! Rohan Gandotra To Replace Siddharth Shukla In Dil Se Dil Tak!
- Siddharth Shukla Gets Into An Ugly Spat With Kunal & Project Head; Is He Out Of Dil Se Dil Tak?
- Oh No! Dil Se Dil Tak To Go Off Air!
Actor Siddharth Shukla, who made a positive movie debut with Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, is bidding goodbye to his ongoing serial Balika Vadhu. But he says he isn't quiiting television altogether to pursue a film career.
Talking about his exit from the long-running show, he said: "I'm not (really) quitting the serial. My character Shiv has had his innings in the script. I therefore have no choice but to follow him out of the serial.
"But it's certainly not as if I am abandoning the show to do films. I've always shown the highest regard for the television medium. Even when I was doing Karan Johar's film, I continued to shoot for 'Balika Vadhu' .So there is no question of my abandoning the serial."
Siddharth has also slammed rumours that the channel Colors sacked him after the run-in that he had with the law for drunken driving on New Year's.
"Like I said, my character Shiv is run out of time on 'Balika Vadhu', not me. As for the incident that you're referring to, I've nothing to say. It's over and done with. Whatever trouble there was has been sorted out," he said.
Siddharth is now looking at a break before he moves to the new level in his career.
"I've given two years of my life to 'Balika Vadhu'. I've been shooting for the serial every day from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. It's about time I had some 'me-time'.
"I want to take a break, relax and enjoy the things that I have not been able to during the past few years," he said.
Strangely, in spite of being well-received in "Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania", Siddharth hasn't signed any films.
"I'm looking at film projects. And there'll be an announcement soon. Right now I'm still shooting for 'Balika Vadhu'. I don't know how I'll feel once it's over. I suppose there will be a sense of emptiness," he said.