- Barkha Bisht Is Upset With Late Gagan Kang’s Friends; But Why?
- Naamkaran Spoiler: Avni Returns Home; Bebe & Shweta Apologise!
- Naamkaran: After Barkha Bisht, Kunwar Amar To Bid Adieu To The Show?
- Naamkaran: Barkha Bisht’s Track To End; Actress Upset!
- Naamkaran SPOILER: Will Avni Convince Dayavanti To Shoot For Her Film At The Mehta House?
- Naamkaran Spoiler: Avni To Back Out Of The Fashion Show Because Of Dayavanti?
Star Plus is all set to launch a new show, titled 'Naamkaran' very soon. The show has been helmed by the noted film-maker Mahesh Bhatt and is apparently based on his film, Zakhm (1998).
The promo of the show was recently out and it has already grabbed the eyeballs for showcasing a senstive subject on the show. If you have missed the show's first promo, here is the glimpse of it. Check out the pictures below.
The show stars popular actress Barkha Bisht and Viraf Patel in the lead roles. Apart from them, veteran actress Reema Lagoo and Sayantani Ghosh will be playing key roles in the show.
The highlight of the show is none other than child artist Arsheen Naamdar, who will be playing the role of Avni in the show. Reportedly, the story will be showcased through Avni's eyes in the show.
The promo begins with a lady, Asha (Barkha) reaching a wedding venue with her daughter, Avni (Arsheen). Upon reaching there, a man greets her as Mrs... but stops midway, but addresses her as Asha and welcomes her.
While the rituals are being conducted, the young Avni hears the word 'kanyadaan' and asks her mother about it. While her mother refrains her from telling anything, a group of women answer her question. They tell her that, it is a ritual wherein a father hands over (daan) his daughter to her husband.
They also tell her that, a girl is known by her father's name before marriage and later, by her husband's name. Upon hearing this, Avni questions them as to why women don't have their own name and the promo ends here.
The promo looks promising and will throw a light upon the social issues. The show take the slot of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' and will be aired from September.