TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Star Plus' cult show Diya Aur Baati Hum came to an end on 11 September, 2016. The protagonists Sandhya and Sooraj met a fateful death in a bomb blast, while saving the country from the clutches of the terrorists.
As we had reported earlier, Diya Aur Baati Season 2 is in the making and now, it looks the makers are busy hunting for a new face to carry forward the legacy of the show. Earlier, it was said that 'Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan' actress Niti Taylor was shortlisted for the role.
But, now it looks like the hunt is still on for the role and a new name is doing the rounds again! It is none other than Divyanka Tripathi's cousin, Kanika Tiwari! As per a leading entertainment portal, this meaty role has landed in Kanika's lap now.
It has to be recalled that, Kanika made her debut in 2012 with Bollywood film, Agneepath, alongside Bollywood biggies, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra, wherein she played role of Hrithik's little sister.
Post that, she has acted in a couple of movies down South and has carved a name for herself. But, it now looks like the actress is keen on following her cousin Divyanka's footsteps to make it big in the television industry.
Diya Aur Baati Hum Season 2 will have Sooraj and Sandhya's daughter, Kanak as the main protagonist. If reports are to be believed, Kanak will be a spoiled brat and her relationship with Bhabho would be under rocks.
Season 2 will focus on Kanak's journey and how she will win Bhabho's love and carry the legacy of her parents.
Stay tuned to this space for more updates..