- SHOCKING! Amrita Rao & Drashti Dhami Are Yet To Receive Their Dues For Their Shows; File Complaints!
- Divyanka-Vivek, Hina-Rocky, Sanaya-Mohit, Drashti & Others Celebrate The Festival Of Colours ‘Holi’
- Drashti Dhami Tags Vivian Dsena As ‘Mr Know It All’; Nakuul Mehta Wants Drashti To Hire A Stylist!
- Drashti Dhami, Nakuul Mehta, Vahbiz Dorabjee & Others Attend Alekh Sangal's Engagement (PICS)
- Asian Viewers Television Awards 2017 Winners List: Bigg Boss & Ishqbaaz Bag Awards (PICS)
- Arjun Bijlani Celebrates Birthday With TV Beauties Mouni Roy, Adaa Khan, Drashti Dhami & Others!
- Sriti Jha, Vivek Dahiya, Nikita Dutta, Mouni Roy & Others TV Actors Wish Their Fans For Diwali
- Ekta Kapoor's Diwali Bash: Drashti Dhami, Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel & Other TV Celebs Attend
- Star Parivaar Awards: Shivangi-Mohsin, Nakuul-Surbhi, Divyanka-Drashti & Others Rock The Dance Floor
- #MothersDay: Divyanka, Hina, Namik & Other TV Actors Share Super Cute Pictures With Their Moms
- Star Parivaar Awards: Divyanka-Vivek, Drashti-Arjun, Shivani-Vikram & Others Sizzle On Red Carpet
- SHOCKING! Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil To Go Off-air Soon?
- HOLI TWISTS On Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya & Ishq Mein Marjawan!
Star Plus' upcoming show, Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil is in news for all the right reasons! The show is currently being shot across the beautiful locales of Austria and the pictures featuring the lead actors Drashti, Arjun and Laksh are going viral.
Drashti Dhami and Arjun Bijlani are the newest television couple in town. Ekta has managed to bring the two talented, good-looking and popular actors on board together for the very first time. Ekta's shows generally give a larger-than-life feel and it is no less this time as well. (Check out the glimpses of the promo in the slides below).
First Promo Out
After a long wait, the first promo of the much-awaited show is out and we couldn't be more happier! Drashti is looking as bright and beautiful as ever with new short-hair look.
Drashti As Naina
By taking a glimpse at the newly-released promo, one can definitely conclude that, she would play the role of a girl-next-door. Drashti plays the role of Naina, an independent and confident present-day girl, who balances work with her duties back home.
Naina Is Mother's Support System
We are very sure that many young girls can relate to her character. As the promo continues, Naina is seen catering to her mother's needs. As we had reported earlier, Naina is her mother's support system.
As the promo progresses, a lady arrives and counsels Naina's mother (played by Alka Amin) that she is very dependent on Naina and she shouldn't be, as her daughter will get married and go away, someday.
'Sons are sons and daughters are daughters.'
Naina, who listens to their conversation, enquires her about the lady's son, and she tells her that, he is so busy, that he doesn't even get the time to call her. Upon hearing this, Drashti states that, 'Sons are sons and daughters are daughters' and walks away with a bright smile. Point accepted!
Show To Hit The Screens Soon
Upon hearing Naina's statement, her mother is seen equally beaming, implying that she is proud of her daughter. The show will replace 'Siya Ke Ram' in the 8 pm slot and will hit the screens soon.
Drashti is making a comeback with this show, after a hiatus and her fans, who were waiting for the same, can rejoice now. The first promo of the show featuring Drashti as the present-day confident and independent girl is out and it is very impressive.
It vocalises the issue of 'gender equality' as it raises a very important question to a lot of people, who think that daughters are meant to only getting married and going away, whereas their sons take care of them better in their old age.
Speaking about her character, Drashti said, "I love working with Balaji Telefilms. Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil is the story of a strong, independent woman, Naina. She is a firm believer in love. Naina is her mother's support system and finds a friend in her at all times."
Whereas Arjun's character, Raghav is that of a kind-hearted guy, whose sense of humour lightens up any situation. The show will replace 'Siya Ke Ram' in the 8 pm slot and will hit the screens soon.
We can't wait for the show to begin...