- Rubina Dilaik On Late Honeymoon Plans With Husband Abhinav Shukla, Says Marriage Has Not Sunk In
- Rita Bhaduri’s Friends Poonam Dhillon, Shabana Azmi, Anil Kapoor & Others Remember Her Fondly!
- Rubina Dilaik Composes & Sings A Romantic Song For Husband Abhinav Shukla; Fans Are Loving It!
- Captured Together! Madhubala Actors Drashti Dhami & Vivian Dsena Click Selfie, The Pic Goes Viral!
- Rubina Dilaik & Abhinav Shukla Seal It With A Romantic KISS At Their Reception; Fans Find It Cute!
- Rubina Dilaik & Abhinav Shukla’s Love Story Is Nothing Less Than A Fairytale!
Finally, there is a show on television that's unique. Yes, we are talking about, Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Kii, which deals with a subject which has never been attempted on Television before. The lead protagonist on the show is a transgender.
The show is much talked about as Rubina Dilaik and Vivian Dsena have made their comeback on this show, and in the recent episode it was revealed that Rubina, who plays the role of Soumya is a transgender. Rubina has finally opened up about her role on the show. Read on to know what the actress has to say....
Rubina was quoted by IANS as saying, "After the leap, when the creative team discussed Soumya's future with me, I found the plot to be unconventional, intriguing and extremely challenging. I was very confident about their move of introducing a transgender character in a mainstream show."
The actress further added that she was looking forward to essay a character which has never been explored on Indian television before.
Rubina says that it is a responsibility to play a transgender on-screen. She further said, "It is the kind of role I will be remembered for and will resonate strongly with viewers."
Speaking to a leading daily, the producer of the show, Rashmi Sharma said, "As the name suggests, this is a show based on realisation of the power of our existence. It is not a regular daily soap; it comes with a promise of entertainment along with a social message."
She further added, "We fail to understand that eunuchs are as normal as we are and are free to live their lives the way they want to. We see them begging on streets and I feel that's because we have left them no choice. This show is an attempt to bring the audience closer to the reality of eunuchs. We hope that our efforts bring about a change."
(With IANS Inputs)