- Kapil Sharma’s Midair Spat To Akshay Kumar’s Sexist Comments, Television Controversies You Must Know
- Dhan Dhana Dhan: Fans Can’t Stop Gushing Over Shilpa Shinde & Sunil Grover’s Hot Rain Dance!
- Sunil Grover Bags Bollywood Biggie, To Play Salman Khan’s Friend In The Film Bharat!
- Preeti Simoes On Kapil’s Team Squashing Ali Asgar’s Statements: What Will Ali Asgar Get From Lying?
- Here’s What Sunil Grover Has To Say About Kapil Sharma
- Sunil Grover, Shilpa Shinde & Preeti Simoes’ Show Dhan Dhana Dhan Gets THUMBS UP From Fans
Popular singer Sonu Nigam founded himself in a mess recently when he expressed his anger upon being woken up by the morning Azaan (the Islamic call to prayer in mosques) via a tweet.
He tweeted, "God bless everyone. I'm not a Muslim and I have to be woken up by the azaan in the morning. When will this forced religiousness end in India."
Within no time, he was trolled by Muslim community members and organizations with protests and some planning to take legal action against him for his series of controversial tweets and use of terms such as 'gundagardi' and 'forced religiousness'.
He further clarified his stance in a series of tweets and told that it is a social issue and not a religious one. A fatwa has been issued against the singer. Later, the singer went on to shave his head in protest.
While the film fraternity remains divided in its opinion, television's most popular comedian, Sunil Grover has come out in support of Sonu Nigam. Sunil took to Twitter to show his support for the singer.
He wrote, "I know @sonunigam sir he won't hurt anyone's religious sentiments ever. He respects all.Lets not misinterpret n give it a religious tinge."
Well, do you agree with Sunil Grover's statement? Share your views in the comment box below....