- Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji: First Promo Out; Here's Presenting Sooraj & Sandhya's Daughter Kanak!
- Diya Aur Baati Hum 2 Titled As 'Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'!
- 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' Stars Deepika Singh & Neelu Vaghela Win Big At TIIFA Awards 2016! [PICS]
- Diya Aur Baati Hum: Show Ends On A Sad Note; Viewers Bid A Tearful Adieu To Sooraj & Sandhya!
- 'Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan' Actress Niti Taylor To Be The Female Lead In Diya Aur Baati Hum Season 2!
- The Journey Ends Here; Team 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' Gets Emotional As They Wrap Up The Shoot! [PICS]
- Diya Aur Baati Hum Completes 5 Glorious Years; It's Celebration Time On The Sets Of The Show! [PICS]
- Diya Aur Baati Hum: Climax Promo Out; Will Sandhya & Sooraj Die While Saving Their Family? [PICS]
- Diya Aur Baati Hum Spoiler: Here's How Sandhya & Sooraj's Track Might End!
- Diya Aur Baati Hum Spoiler: How Will Sandhya Rescue Mishri From Makrand's Clutches?
- In Pics, Check Out Deepika Singh Aka ACP Sandhya's New Funky Avatar!
- Revealed! Diya Aur Baati Hum's Off-air Date; The Show To Be Replaced By Mahesh Bhatt's TV Series!
Diya Aur Baati Hum 2 was launched in Kerala recently (Feb 19) in presence of Bhabho (Neelu Vaghela). The show is titled as, 'Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'. During the launch of the title, the actress told that the story will now move forward to Kerala.
As per the reports, the actress who was dressed in a Rajasthani attire made a special entry through a boat, for the launch. Not only that, the actress even shared a few interesting details about the show. Read on to what the actress has to say about the sequel....
Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji
Neelu said, "It was only the love and junoon of audience that made the makers bring back the next season so soon. The sequel will have the same warmth of relationship and celebrate love and bond but viewers will get to see a new family also. Like always, being the head of the family, I will be welcoming and introducing them to my viewers."
A Leap Of 20 Years
The story will pick up from where the season 1 had ended. The show will move ahead by 20 years post Suraj and Sandhya's death.
The Theme Of The Show Is Positive
Furthermore, "The Theme of the show is positive only. Wohi kahani wohi pyaar wohi itihaas. Kahani bhii Rathi parivar ke saath hii juda hua hai. This is just a continuation from season 1's last episode, but with a fresh story and fresh concept."
Bhabho's New Look
Image source: India forums
Speaking about her bespectacled look, she said. "Spectacles are not comforting. When I was narrated and given a brief about my character and get up, I was very skeptical about whether I'll be able to carry it or not. But I am sure now."
Bhabho Will Miss Deepika & Anas
Furthermore, she added that, "Recreating the magic will definitely not an easy task but they will come with their own charm. I definitely miss Anas and Deepika, but let's all look forward to this new story positively."
The Sequel Will Have Various Twists
"The sequel will have various twists. That's why we have come here to shoot in Kerala. We have just started shooting for the show, so right now I can't share much details. But the way we showcased women empowerment in ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum', the same we are going to show in its sequel."
The actress also added that, "We are delighted to come back after seven months since 'Diya Aur Baati' went off air. The show became a household name and people were sending us letters and mails to return with a sequel."
Speaking about reprising the character of a strong matriarch Bhabho, she said, "I haven't got bored playing Bhabho and this season will see her play a very different avatar. As for challenges, I think as an actor doing better work from what I have done is also very fulfilling. I did get lots of new offers but I wanted to stick to this project."
Reports further suggest that, Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji will be aired in the afternoon slot. The show will have Sooraj and Sandhya's daughter, Kanak as the main protagonist and her relationship with Bhabho would be under rocks.
The new season will focus on Kanak's journey and how she will win Bhabho's love and carry the legacy of her parents.