- Mother’s Day! TV Celebrities Reveal How Their Mothers Have Always Inspired Them!
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Aneri Vajani & Other TV Actresses Mourn 'Beautiful Diva' Sridevi's Demise
- What Are Bigg Boss 11’s Priyank Sharma & PPK’s Tejaswi Prakash Doing In Switzerland? (PICS)
- Tejaswi Prakash, Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Sara Khan & Other TV Divas Support Akshay Kumar’s Padman
- Republic Day Spl: Aly, Tejaswi, Helly, Yuvika & Other TV Celebrities Rejoice The Glory Of India
- Bigg Boss 11 Winner Shilpa Dances Her Heart Out At Rashmi Sharma’s Bash; Gia, Helly & Others Spotted
- #HappyNewYear: Additi Gupta, Aly Goni & Other TV Celebs Wish For Success & Happiness In 2018
- Swaragini’s Tejaswi-Helly, Ishqbaaz’s Kunal & Others Remember Rajesh Khanna On His Birth Anniversary
- Tejaswi Prakash, Helly Shah, Kunal Jaisingh & Other Television Celebs Wish Happy Dhanteras
- Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar’s New Show Has Nothing To Do With Pehredaar Piya Ki!
- Tejaswi Prakash, Evelyn Sharma, Cezzane Khan …. 10 Celebs Who Rejected Bigg Boss 11 Offer!
- TV Snippets: TKSS’ Kiku In SAB TV’s Sitcom; PPK’s Tejaswi Starts Shooting For A New Show & More…
Sony TV's show, Pehredaar Piya Ki has been surrounded by controversies for its unusual content. The show that revolves around 18-year-old girl Diya (Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar) marrying a nine-year-old boy, Ratan Singh (Afaan Khan) in order to guard him!
The concept didn't go well with the viewers as they felt the content is 'obnoxious and perverted' and may create a negative impact in children. They even had filed an online petition that was addressed to the Union Cabinet Minister of Textiles and Information and Broadcasting (Additional Charge), Smriti Irani, demanding a ban on the show. Read on...
I&B Has Asked BCCC To Take Immediate Action!
It was even said that I&B ministry has taken the matters to the BCCC (Broadcasting Content Complaints Council) seeking immediate action on the plea.
Shashi & Sumeet Mittal Had Recently Held A Press Conference
To clarify the matter, the makers Shashi and Sumeet Mittal had held a press conference where they said they haven't shown anything wrong and they do not plan to change the plot!
The Makers Clarified…
The makers felt that people are commenting on the show without watching it and had requested them not to judge the show without watching it. They had even said that they didn't get any notice from the authority.
But, according to the latest update, BCCC has directed Sony Entertainment Television to shift the show to late night slot and has asked to run disclaimer stating that the show does not promote the concept of child marriage.
On Wednesday (August 16), BCCC official was quoted by IANS as saying, "We had a monthly meeting and the channel officials were called for a discussion, which went on for quite long."
The Show To Be Shifted To 10 PM Slot!
"After everything, they were directed that the timing of the show should be shifted to a late night slot of 10 pm and that they must run a disclaimer."
Makers Will Have To Comply To The Decision!
The official further added that the makers will have to comply it! Since the last BCCC meeting, the authority has apparently received 138 fresh complaints against the show.
We hope people who are against the show will be relieved with BCCC's decision. But, it has to be seen how the makers will react to the same...
Stay locked to this space for the latest news of the show...
(With IANS Inputs)