- Ravi Dubey's Wish For His Wife Sargun Mehta On Her Birthday Will Make You Go Aww!
- 11 Years Of Dill Mill Gayye: Karan Singh Grover, Karan Wahi & Pankit Thank Fans For Their Love!
- Sonali Bendre Diagnosed With High-grade Cancer; TV Celebrities Wish Her A Speedy Recovery!
- Hate Story 4 Is NOT An Erotic Thriller, Says Karan Wahi
- Shocked & Speechless! Urvashi Rautela Gets Death Threats For Her 'Draupadi' Dialogue In Hate Story 4
- Hate Story 4 Review: The Revenge Is More On Us; Blame It On The Terrible Acting!
- It's Not Just About S*x! Karan Wahi Reveals Why He Chose Hate Story 4 As His Bollywood Debut
- INSIDE PICS: Surbhi Jyoti, Asha-Rithvik, Nia Sharma & Others Attend Ravi Dubey’s Pre-birthday Bash
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan Comments On KKK’s Rithvik & Karan; Ravi Dubey Disappointed With Hina!
- WELCOME 2018! Top Bollywood Debutantes To Watch Out For In The Upcoming Year
- Pehredaar Piya Ki Controversy: Karan Wahi Says He Just Shared His Opinion & Stands By It!
- Karan Wahi Trolled For Lashing Out At Pehredaar Piya Ki’s Content & Calling It Stupid!
Sony TV's new show, Pehredaar Piya Ki is set in the background of Royal Rajasthan. Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar plays the role of 18-year-old Princess Diya, who marries nine-year-old groom Ratan Singh (played by Afaan Khan) in order to guard him! Suyyash Rai plays the role of Abhay, whom the family members initially would want Diya to marry!
The show has been in controversy for the unusual concept that it portrays.. Earlier, the lead actress, Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar, had opened up on the controversy. She said that the viewers will understand once the show starts. The show was recently aired and it has not gone well with many of them, especially television actor Karan Wahi.
Karan Wahi Took To Facebook To Lash Out At The Content
"Dear producer and channel .. i understand we cant make shows like how i met ur mother and friends, and honestly i dont expect us to also ,but for the love of god and for the reason we all got in this industry...."
Karan Says Don’t Sell Stupidity In The Name Of Content
"... Plz dont sell me stupidity in the name of content whch gives trp because honestly noone is watching this . Leave aside other people i think the fraternity only dsnt ."
Karan Further Wrote….
"I wish and pray well fr everyone whose a part of this show also but it wud be great if we started enjoying our work and not just working because we dont have an option... Not to sound arrogant but we can be better than this (sic)."
He Also Wrote On Twitter….
"My opinion is MINE ... i dont judge the book by its cover but then dont sell me a misleading cover... Its an opinion U r free not to agree."
Suyyash Reacts To Karan Wahi’s Comment…
For this Suyyash wrote, "Pehredaar Piya Ki ❤️ ❤️ @tejasswiprakash baby smile :) plz ❤️Guys watever @imkaranwahi said its his pov no1 can question him neither me nor you guys."
Suyyash Further Wrote…
"But this doesnt change the fact that WE the whole team of #PPK we love this show and we all have worked really hard for it and we still are andddd we will ❤️ our motive is to entertain you guys not promote child marriage or anything."
Suyyash Says The Show Is Different
"This show is different , plz dont judge it and jump onto conclusions 🙏🏻 If a channel like @sonytvofficial has approved the show they must have thought something right ???"
Suyyash Asks Viewers To Watch The Show To Decide
"Even d producers must have thought a lot before making this and investing soo much money 🙏🏻 its my req to all,plz watch it first and then decide :) maybe m wrong MAYBE :) but lets wait n then decide."
"Love to all ❤️❤️ n thanku for sucha good response for the frst epi .❤️ @tejasswiprakash baby smile :) plz ❤️"
The show looks colourful and interesting. The kid stalking a girl who is much older to him, and flirting with her is funny to an extent. But, marrying her is a completely different thing! As the actors say, we shouldn't conclude with the first episode itself.
Tejaswi had earlier clarified that the show is not based on child marriage. She had said, "It is about a husband and his guard, not husband and his wife. As there is something that he needs a guard."
When asked why there is a need to guard Ratan's character, Tejaswi was quoted by IANS as saying, "There is something that's happening in his (Ratan's) life, where he needs somebody to become a shield between him and the problems. And Diya is the one who decides to be the 'pehredar,'"
She further added that the show is not a finite show. There will be a leap and the guy will grow up.
So let's wait and watch what the makers have in store for the viewers.
Hit the comment box to share your views on the show...