- Mother’s Day! TV Celebrities Reveal How Their Mothers Have Always Inspired Them!
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Aneri Vajani & Other TV Actresses Mourn 'Beautiful Diva' Sridevi's Demise
- What Are Bigg Boss 11’s Priyank Sharma & PPK’s Tejaswi Prakash Doing In Switzerland? (PICS)
- Tejaswi Prakash, Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Sara Khan & Other TV Divas Support Akshay Kumar’s Padman
- Republic Day Spl: Aly, Tejaswi, Helly, Yuvika & Other TV Celebrities Rejoice The Glory Of India
- Bigg Boss 11 Winner Shilpa Dances Her Heart Out At Rashmi Sharma’s Bash; Gia, Helly & Others Spotted
- #HappyNewYear: Additi Gupta, Aly Goni & Other TV Celebs Wish For Success & Happiness In 2018
- Swaragini’s Tejaswi-Helly, Ishqbaaz’s Kunal & Others Remember Rajesh Khanna On His Birth Anniversary
- Tejaswi Prakash, Helly Shah, Kunal Jaisingh & Other Television Celebs Wish Happy Dhanteras
- Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar’s New Show Has Nothing To Do With Pehredaar Piya Ki!
- Tejaswi Prakash, Evelyn Sharma, Cezzane Khan …. 10 Celebs Who Rejected Bigg Boss 11 Offer!
- TV Snippets: TKSS’ Kiku In SAB TV’s Sitcom; PPK’s Tejaswi Starts Shooting For A New Show & More…
Sony TV's show Pehredaar Piya Ki has been receiving a lot of flak from the viewers for its concept. The viewers are upset that the show is sending a wrong message to the kids, moreover the show is aired at primetime!
The viewers have started an online petition (campaign) to ban the show. They feel the content is 'obnoxious and perverted' and create a negative impact in children. Read on to know what the viewers said on their online petition (Change.org). Also, check out what the lead actress of the show, Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar has to say in defence of the show...
"Such regression cannot be passed on as entertainment and no, this cannot be defended as 'art imitates life's, especially not when it justifies such archiac thinking."
"Its totally non sense serial, it should be banned, such baseless bullshit things are ruining over culture."
"Its ridiculous.what we are representing our children and what kind of social values . This should be put off immediately."
"The absolute rubbish that is broadcast in the name of soaps is ruining our society. These channels must have social responsibility."
"Fully convinced that this serial would otherwise induct pathological syndrome in our kids during their adolescence period and would cause havoc in society."
"We are being regressive instead of being progressive! This serial is utter nonsense! Please stop this atrocity!"
PPK Actress Tejaswi Says The Content Of The Show Is Progressive
Tejaswi was quoted by IANS as saying, "I think it's really progressive. But again, a lot of people believe in judging a book by its cover..."
People Love Being Judgemental!
"They love being judgemental and people have nothing better to do than judging somebody else's work. Then okay, what can I do?"
Has Small Screen Hit A New Low?
People in the industry feel the content on small screen has hit a new low, but the actress doesn't feel so. She added, "I feel it's just a story and fiction. It's just a story that we are telling people. So how can you judge any story?"
"You like it okay, you don't like it, so, you don't like it. We are not professors, we are not trying to teach you anything."
Tejaswi Drew Comparison Between GoT & PPK!!
"It also happened in Game Of Thrones... People love Game Of Thrones and if same thing happens in Pehredaar Piya Ki, then it's an issue."
Do The Criticisms Affect Her?
"No, I'm an actor. I just get my script, go on the set and I perform. Honestly, I'm not on a lot of social sites to be aware of any such comments... I am only active on Instagram."
Criticisms Should Be Answered By Creatives!
The actress added, "Nobody calls and says anything to me. It's probably the creatives... They should talk to the creatives about the criticism."
Honeymoon Scene On The Show
On the show, Ratan and Diya are shown going on their honeymoon, which led to the audiences' disgust. When asked about the same, Tejaswi said that it's not like the normal 'suhaag raat'.
Tejaswi Feels They Haven't Shown Anything Wrong On The Show!
She added, "Obviously, me and Ratan are not married to have babies. It's different. Once people watch it and then they find it yucky or anything, then I would be fine and understand. There is nothing wrong that we have shown."
For the uninitiated, Pehredaar Piya Ki is set in the background of Royal Rajasthan. Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar plays the role of 18-year-old Princess Diya, who marries nine-year-old groom Ratan Singh (played by Afaan Khan) in order to guard him!
(With IANS Inputs)