- Naamkaran SPOILER: Avni In NEW LOOK; Reema Lagoo’s Daughter To Enter The Show!
- Naamkaran Actors Remember Late Reema Lagoo On Her Birth Anniversary
- THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Ragini Shah Replaces Veteran Actress Reema Lagoo In Naamkaran!
- This Emotional Letter From Reema Lagoo’s Last On-Screen Son Viraf Patel Will Leave You Teary-Eyed
- Reema Lagoo No More: Naamkaran Co-stars Shocked; Barkha, Indraneil & Gulfam Attend The Funeral!
- So Sad! Mahesh Manjrekar Got Angry With Reema Lagoo On Vaastav Sets; Regrets It Now!
- REMEMBERING Reema Lagoo! B-Town Celebs MOURN The Loss Of An Iconic Actor
- Reema Lagoo: 7 Most Memorable Roles As A Mom With Shahruh Khan, Salman Khan & Many Others!
- SHOCKING! Reema Lagoo No More; Television Actors React To Veteran Actress' Death
- Veteran Actress Reema Lagoo Passes Away!
- Reema Lagoo plans a grand comeback
- Latest TRP Ratings: Star Plus Witnesses Major DROP; Rising Star Tribute To Sridevi Is On Top Slot!
- Naamkaran SPOILER: Mitali Confronts Avni After 10 Long Years; Will Mital Reveal To Neil About Avni?
Veteran actress Reema Lagoo passed away in the wee hours of morning today (May 18, 2017) due to a massive cardiac arrest. The 59-year old actress complained of chest pain last night aand was rushed to Kokila Dhirubhai Ambani hospital, where she breathed her last.
The popular actress has starred in a number of Marathi and Hindi films, majorly in supporting roles. The Naamkaran actress is noted for playing the quintessential role of a mother in films such as Saajan, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Hum Aapke Hain Koun and Kal Ho Naa Ho to name a few.
A popular face in 80s and 90s, the actress has contributed to the world of Television and was seen in prominent roles on TV too. Both the TV and Bollywood fraternities are in shock over the actress's sudden demise and a lot of actors took to express their condolences for the late actress on the social media. A look at the actress's contribution to the world of television....
Reema Lagoo's Contribution To TV
On television, she was seen in prominent roles in shows such as, 'Khandaan', 'Tu Tu Main Main', 'Shrimaan Shrimati', 'Do Aur Do Paanch', and the very latest 'Naamkaran'.
Tu Tu Main Main
Tu Tu Main Main was a sitcom series about love-hate relationship between a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. Reema played the role of a mother-in-law, alongside Supriya Pilgaonkar, who played the role of her 'bahu'. The series became a runaway hit.
Reema Liked To Do Comedy Roles
The series was directed by Sachin Pilgaonkar. Reportedly, the actress liked the script instantly as she loved doing comedy roles.
Shriman Shrimati was one of the popular sitcom shows in the 90s. The show was built on the premise of 'loving the neighbour's wife', in which Reema played the role of an elegant housewife.
In her career spanning decades, the actress was mostly seen playing positve roles. The actress took up a challenge to play a negative role in Star Plus' popular show, Naamkaran.
The actress was seen in the show as Dayavanti Mehta, grandmother to the main protagonist. The actress proved her mettle once again, as she received praises for her role.
Reportedly, the actress was shooting for the show till 7 pm yesterday (May 17) and had left for home after the shoot wrapped up. The show's producers have called off the shoot today, as a mark of respect.
The actress is survived by her daughter, Mrunmayee, an actress and son-in-law, Vinay Waikul. When a leading entertainment portal contacted Reema's son-in-law, he confirmed the news about the actress's sudden demise.
He told, "She was absolutely fine but around 1 am she complained to us of chest pain so we took her to the hospital. However, around 3:15 am she passed away due to a cardiac arrest."
Rest in peace, Reema Lagoo!