- Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar Roped In For Shashi & Sumeet Mittal’s Mythological Show!
- Jhanvi Kapoor’s On-Screen Mom & Swaragini Actress Shalini Kapoor Worried About Sridevi’s Daughters!
- Swaragini Actor Namish Taneja & Diya Aur Baati Actress Prachi Tehlan In Star Plus’ New Show!
- Bigg Boss 11 Latest! Did Makers Issue Legal Notice To Mayur Verma?
- Swaragini's Alka Kaushal Sentenced To Jail For 2 Years; Alka To Challenge The Order In Higher Court
- Beware! Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar Doesn’t Approve Of Guys Flirting With Her!
- Here’s How Pehredaar Piya Ki Actress Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar Celebrated Her Birthday…
- Swaragini Actress Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar To Romance A 10-year-old On The New Show!
- Swaragini Actress Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar In Shashi Sumeet Productions’ Next!
- Swaragini Actor Varun Kapoor On Colors’ New Show
- Helly Shah Thanks Fans For Naming A Star After Her!
- Devanshi Promo: Swaragini’s Helly Shah Is Back; Not Arjit Taneja But Mudit Nayar To Play Male Lead!
Swaragini actor Varun Kapoor is all set to woo the audiences with his new show Savitri Devi College & Hospital. As the title suggests, the show is set against the backdrop of a hospital. A few promos of the show were released recently and they are quite impressive.
Varun will be seen playing the role of Veer, a college goer. His role is totally different from his previous role (Sanskar from Swaragini). Read on to know what the actor has to say about his role...
How Did Varun Kapoor Bag The Role?
Varun was quoted by an entertainment portal as saying, "I met Pawan sir, and then met the SP, and that's when he narrated the story to me. He told me that this isn't how you are but I think you have it in you to pull this role."
"And the next day, I went to him and told him that I am going to do this role and no one else will do it. And yes, that's how I put the seal on me playing Veer."
On Comparison With Karan Singh Grover’s Popular Show Dill Mill Gaye….
In the past there have been a few shows (Sanjeevani and Dill Mill Gaye) that were set against the backdrop of hospital. When asked about his character and comparision that are bound to happen, Varun said, "Well, to be honest, I don't know much about it. But yes, I do know about my character."
Varun As Veer In Savitri Devi College & Hospital
"In my earlier show, I played a very sweet guy, someone who listens to everybody and who says all the right things. And now, it's quite a contrast, since Veer is a college goer. So the shift and transition is a huge one."
The show will be aired for one hour. When asked about the same, Varun was quoted by the entertainment portal as saying, "Yes, it's a one hour show and I don't even have time to breathe. Everyone is on their toes, we just don't get time."
"The locations are at different places, so even the brain is at work. But, I think that's the beauty of it and that's what I like doing - to work so much throughout the day that you get a peaceful sleep at night."
Time-Slot Of The Show
The show will be telecast at 6 PM, which is odd timing. When asked if he is happy about the time slot, the actor said that the time slot doesn't determine about the show.
The Story Determines How The Show Is….
Varun added, "It is the story that will determine how the show is. I personally believe that what we are trying to do here is capable of changing the Television scenario."
The promo which featured Varun Kapoor, gave us a glimpse of his character on the show. In the promo, Veer teases and scares his friend Saachi when she goes to examine a dead body.
The show traces the journey of intern Saachi (Swardha Thigale), who aims to fulfil her mother Jaya's (Shilpa Shirodkar) dream of becoming a doctor. During her journey, she will come across peopel who add complications to her life. There is a story behind every character, and as the story unfolds, the hidden motives of each character will be revealed.
Apart from Swardha, Shilpa and Varun, the show also stars Mohan Kapur (as Dr Anand Malhotra), Neha Bagga (Pragya-fellow intern), Vikram Sakhalkar (Saachi's mentor Dr Kabir), Jignesh Joshi (Dr Malhotra's brother Dr Bharat), Kishwer Merchant (Aunt).
Saath Nibhana Saathiya actress Vandana Pathak, Kumkum Bhagya actress Shivani Sopori, and Sonika Handa, who was seen in Swaragini (played Sanskar's mother), will also be seen on the show.
The show starts from May 15 and will be aired from Monday to Friday at 6 PM.
What do you think - Will this show impress the audiences like other hospital based shows did? Will Varun Kapoor's Veer character beat Karan Singh Grover's role from DMG? Hit the comment box to share your views...