- Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek, SRK, Aamir, Hrithik & Others Spotted At Vinod Khanna’s Prayer Meet [Pics]
- Vinod Khanna's Son Shares An Adorable Throwback Picture! Says It Feels Like Yesterday!
- MEMORIES! When Amitabh Bachchan Kept Apologizing To Vinod Khanna For A Horrific Accident!
- HEARTBREAKING! Vinod Khanna Knew He Had Cancer But Kept It A Secret Because Of His Daughter
- Can You Guess Where Vinod Khanna Is In This School Group Picture?
- SHAMEFUL! Current Generation Actors Did Not Attend Vinod Khanna's Funeral!
Veteran actor Vinod Khanna passed away today (April 27) at 70, after battling with cancer. Not many might be aware that the late actor was also a part of TV show Mere Apne.
Apparently, the actor made his television debut in the year of 2007. He was seen in the show Mere Apne, which used to air on 9X. The show was produced by Smriti Irani.
The serial was aired for just one year and for four days a week. The show premiered on November 12, 2007 and ended in the year 2008. The show was a family saga.
It was a story which showed a family that stayed together against all odds. Vinod Khanna, who played the role of Kashinath, headed the family, while Smriti Irani essayed the role of his wife.
Vinod Khanna's sudden demise has shocked everyone. Smriti Irani took to social media to express her condolence. She also said she is honoured to produce a series with him.
Smriti wrote, "Heard about the sad demise of Vinod Khannaji. Kind, considerate, a legend in his own right. Had the honour of producing a series with him."
She further wrote, "My condolences to his loved ones and prayers so that his soul rests in peace. Vinod ji will truly be missed. Om Shanti !"
The actor turned politician was known for his unique style and persona.
He had featured in 100 films in a career spanning over five decades. In the beginning of his career he played supporting or villainous characters in films.