TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Last month, television producer and writer Vinita Nanda accused Alok Nath of sexuall harassment. The court rejected Alok's wife's plea for injunction order against Vinita. The latest development in the case is that the actor has been expelled from Cine & TV Artistes' Association (CINTAA) in lieu of the charges levied against him, during the #MeToo movement by Vinita, and other actors - Sandhya Mridul and Naveen Nishan. CINTAA issued a statement on their official Twitter account.
The statement read, "In view of the various allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct against Mr. Alok Nath, after due diligence and consideration, the Exec. Committee of #cintaa has decided to expel him from the Association. @sushant_says @renukashahane @FIA_actors @sagaftra @RichaChadha." - (sic)
Vinita replied to CINTAA's tweet, "I salute the @CintaaOfficial EC, @sushant_says, @amitbehl1, others who have sent a strong message to the community that we're governed by a system which cannot be circumvented. It required conviction and courage, the EC has proved that they have mettle." - (sic)
When Pinkvilla quizzed Alok about the same, he said, "Toh accha hua... I haven't heard from them. I can't speak about it. I don't know yet." When asked whether he would respond to the same after he receives an intimidation about it, he said that he will think about it.