- Here’s What Ekta Kapoor Has To Say About The Upcoming Web Series Home
- Home: Supriya Pilgaonkar Reveals What Home Means To Her In The Monologue!
- Divyanka Tripathi, Nakuul Mehta, Shaheer-Erica & Others Wish Fans Happy Independence Day!
- Habib Faisal Is All Set To Present A Middle-class Family’s Story Again In Ekta Kapoor’s Show ‘Home’!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- Karisma Kapoor To Debut In Ekta Kapoor's Web Series? Details Revealed!
- It's Official! Sidharth Malhotra & Parineeti Chopra Reunite For Ekta Kapoor's Jabariya Jodi
- Ekta Kapoor’s Show ‘Home’ Will Have A Similar Set As That Of Worli's Campa Cola Compound!
- Ekta Kapoor & Tiger Shroff’s Mother Ayesha Get Into A Heated Debate Of ‘Nepotism’ On Instagram!
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Here Are The Best Memes Of Ekta Kapoor’s Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2
- Erica Fernandes’ Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2 Premiere Date REVEALED!
The Czarina of television, Ekta Kapoor has launched many actors on her shows. The producer is not only ruling the television industry, but has also forayed into digital platform (with ALT Balaji) and has given many hit web series. She has also produced many films under her banner Balaji Motion Pictures. She recently released the trailer of her new film, Laila Majnu, which is written by Imtiaz Ali and features Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri. At the trailer launch of the film, Ekta revealed that she gets calls from politicians, actors, friends and bureaucrats to cast their relatives in her films! She also added as to how her mother asks her to pick the call, else they will have to bear the brunt.
Ekta Kapoor Gets Calls From Politicians & Bureaucrats
The producer was quoted as saying, "Trust me I get calls from politicians, actors, friends and bureaucrats, who call for casting. My mom says ‘You don't answer these calls and we have to bear the brunt.' And I tell her that I can't help, it's my job."
The Producer Asks Aspiring Actors Not To Stalk Her!
Ekta advises the aspiring actors, who approach her through different means for a break, not to stalk her. She told the reporters, "I would like to tell them that don't stalk me. Don't follow me, or take my number and drop me texts. Don't meet me in a park. That's called stalking."
Ekta Has An Advice For The Aspiring Actors!
She asks them to share their work, she says, "Don't ask you politician and bureaucrat uncles to get you cast. That's a dampener. Tape your work and if that reaches me then be rest assured that if you fit the role, you will be cast. Your legacy or background will not matter."
Ekta Kapoor Talks About Nepotism
Ekta says that she doesn't do nepotism. She adds that if the film with the new comers doesn't work, she will compensate it by doing two television shows! She was quoted by IE as saying, "I don't do nepotism. I don't have a problem with it but I may take a different route."
How She Manages to Balance When Her Films Flop?
"I might pick a route that's not entirely business friendly. At the end, if a film doesn't do well, I will make two shows so that the company doesn't suffer but I will give it back (to the industry)."