- Here’s What Ekta Kapoor Has To Say About The Upcoming Web Series Home
- Home: Supriya Pilgaonkar Reveals What Home Means To Her In The Monologue!
- Divyanka Tripathi, Nakuul Mehta, Shaheer-Erica & Others Wish Fans Happy Independence Day!
- Habib Faisal Is All Set To Present A Middle-class Family’s Story Again In Ekta Kapoor’s Show ‘Home’!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- Karisma Kapoor To Debut In Ekta Kapoor's Web Series? Details Revealed!
- It's Official! Sidharth Malhotra & Parineeti Chopra Reunite For Ekta Kapoor's Jabariya Jodi
- Ekta Kapoor’s Show ‘Home’ Will Have A Similar Set As That Of Worli's Campa Cola Compound!
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Ekta Kapoor Reveals She Gets Calls From Politicians & Bureaucrats To Cast Their Relatives!
- Here Are The Best Memes Of Ekta Kapoor’s Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2
- Erica Fernandes’ Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2 Premiere Date REVEALED!
Ekta Kapoor has launched many 'successful' actors on her shows, while a few have forayed into Bollywood and made big names (like Sushant Singh Rajput), a few others (like Mouni Roy and Ankita Lokhande) are entering the film industry now. At the trailer launch of her film, Laila Majnu (which is written by Imtiaz Ali and featuring Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri) she spoke about nepotism. She had also said, "I get calls from politicians, actors, friends and bureaucrats, who call for casting. My mom says 'You don't answer these calls and we have to bear the brunt.' And I tell her that I can't help, it's my job."
The producer had also asked the aspiring actors not to approach through different means for a break or stalk her, but instead share their works. Well, not just at the launch, Ekta Kapoor revealed about the trailer launch in her Instagram account as well. But there too, the producer was caught with nepotism debate, not with fans, but with Tiger Shroff's mother Ayesha Shroff!
Ekta Kapoor’s Caption Didn’t Go Well With Tiger’s Mom!
Ekta wrote, "Promo in two hours max! Pls see a glimpse of this piece of cinema about raw timeless love untamed by the commerce of films helmed by the best @imtiazaliofficial and lived by two yet unknown talents who have no film legacy or star fathers or godfathers." - (sic). The caption (especially, the last part), didn't go well with Ayesha Shroff (Tiger is Ayesha and Jackie Shroff's son).
“It’s Not A Sin To Have A Star Father”
Ayesha commented on Ekta's post, "It's not a sin to have a star father my dear! Hard work and talent is the same no matter what caste, creed or lineage!!!❤️❤️" - (sic)
Ekta & Ayesha Get Into Nepotism Debate
Although Ekta Kapoor agreed to Ayesha, she said that it is indeed difficult to make a film with two outsiders and market it. She also agreed that Tiger is a fantastic actor and she is not taking a dig at any star kid!
“It Is A Request To Give Other Kids A Chance!”
To which Ekta replied, "@ayeshashroff not at all mam! I have one ;) but u have to admit for a producer to sell market n turn around a film with newcomers is far tougher with no lineage attached ! This is no slight to any star kid least of all tiger who is FANTASTIC! But a request to give other kids a chance too." - (sic)