- Bigg Boss 12: Twist In The Script! The Show To Have 21 Contestants Instead Of 12?
- The Wait Is Over! Bigg Boss 12 FIRST PROMO Is Out; Salman Khan Turns A Teacher!
- Bigg Boss 12: Salman Khan Remembers Icon Jodis Such As Karan-Arjun & Geeta-Seeta During Promo Shoot!
- Not Only Shilpa Shinde, Hina Khan Was Also Invited, But She Couldn’t Appear On Salman’s Dus Ka Dum!
- Bigg Boss 12: After Manveer Gujjar, Noida’s Robin Gurjar To Enter The Show As A Commoner!
- Here’s How Shilpa Shinde Reacted When She Was Asked About Vikas Gupta Being Bitten By A Snake!
- Puneesh & Bandgi’s ‘Love Me’ Video Reminds Of Bigg Boss 11 Days; Fans Call Them ‘Bathroom Couple’!
- Bigg Boss Fame Keith Sequeira Seems To Have Gotten Healthier After Udaan!
- Bigg Boss 12 Promo: Salman Khan Will Be Seen In Double Roles, More Details Revealed!
- Tanushree Dutta Has No Interest In BIGG BOSS; Here Are Celebs Who Refused To Be A Part Of The Show!
- Bigg Boss Season 12: Splitsvilla Fame Scarlett Rose To Enter The Glass House With Ryan Peterson?
- Bigg Boss 12: Is Ishqbaaz Actress Srishty Rode The First Confirmed Contestant Of The Show?
Post Bigg Boss, Digangana Suryavanshi has vanished from the small screens. The actress, who was praised for her role of Veera on Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera, has quit television for films. The actress reveals in an interview to BT that she took a break, as she wanted to ensure that her transition from a teenager to an adult was smooth and not in the limelight. Apparently, the actress has quit television for films! She has signed three films out of which two are with Govinda. She adds expecting Salman Khan (who had supported her during her Bigg Boss days) to launch her in a film is a bit too much!
Here's what the actress has to say about her transition phase and jumping from television to films.
Why Digangana Took A Break?
Regarding her break, the actress told BT, "I wanted to use my transition phase in a constructive way and focus on how I look, because when you are growing up in the public eye, it gets chaotic. I needed to lose those extra kilos, and I also cut my hair, as suggested by Salman (Khan) sir."
Digangana Quit TV For Films!
She added, "I didn't want to take up a project on TV, also because I wanted to make the shift to films. I have a lot of respect for TV and can do a daily soap whenever I want to, because I am not running out of age or time. But I can't be committed to a daily show if I want to try my luck in films. Also, when you are visible on TV, as an actor, there is nothing fresh to offer to films."
“I Was Petrified While Making The Decision”
The actress says, "Unlike TV, you don't get too many chances in films. On the small screen, if you get bad ratings one week, you have another week to improve it. However, films are a three-day game. I was petrified while making the decision (to shift to films), as I didn't know if it would work. I knew that I wanted to do films, but had no connections. I had to start from scratch."
Digangana Has Signed Two Films With Govinda
Apparently, Digangana has signed three films, out of which two of them are with Govinda. While many might think that she could have debuted with younger actors, the actress says, "Younger actors should have a reason to work with me and it's up to me to give them that reason. Even if my film doesn't do well, people will know what I am capable of."
“Nobody Is Going To Serve Success On A Platter”
"The industry welcomes people who are talented and is more accepting of the outsiders. You can wear great make-up, look your best, and saunter into big parties, but if you are not a good actor, you won't last. Nobody is going to serve success on a platter."
The Actress Says…
"Why would anyone invest a certain amount of money, when they are not sure if I can get them the returns? I would like to work with big banners, but what would I introduce myself with? There are so many people in the same race and there is no reason why anybody would focus on me."
“It Will Be A Dream Come True If I Get To Work With Salman”
When asked whether she expected Salman to launch her (as he had supported her during her Bigg Boss days), the actress said, "I would really love to work with Salman sir. He has been there for me and that's really nice of him. But expecting him to launch me in a film is a bit too much. Even if I am on great terms with someone, I won't ask him/her for favours. By God's grace, if I get to work with him, it would be a dream come true."