TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
After Ekta Kapoor, Gul Khan is trying her luck in the supernatural fantasy genre with her latest show Nazar! The show that stars Monalisa (as a dayaan), Harsh Rajput (as Daavansh) and Niyati Fatnani in the lead roles had got a fantastic opening on the TRP chart and continues to garner decent ratings. Apparently, the show was planned as a 100-episode series, but seeing the positive response, the channel has taken a call to provide an extension to the show. This indeed comes as good news for the makers, actors and fans!
According to TOI report, "The show has got an extension of a year. If Nazar sustains its ratings, chances of it getting further extended can't be ruled out." When Monalisa, who plays a 200-year-old daayan on the show, was asked about the same, she was unaware of such a development.
She told the leading daily, "I haven't been informed about it yet. However, if true, it's definitely a great piece of news." Regarding her experience of working on the show, the actress says, "It's been a great experience so far."
She further added, "I never expected things to unfold so beautifully, considering the fact that I have waited for almost eight years to bag a good project on TV. The response to my character is overwhelming. In fact, my track was extended following the feedback it received."
"The way my character has been presented on this show, I have not enjoyed that kind of presentation even in my films. My scenes have been shot in a grand manner. In short, I couldn't have asked for a better project than Nazar."
Monalisa is seen on the Bengali web series, Dupur Thakurpo 2 as Jhuma Boudi.
For the uninitiated, Nazar is set in the modern Indian times, and is about the dark energies of a 'daayan' and how they affect lives.
Are you happy with the show's extension? Hit the comment box to share your views.