- Nia Sharma Hints At Dating Someone & Asks A Troll To Buy Her Clothes
- Adha, Nia & Priyank Sharma & Nora Fatehi Dance To Kiki Challenge! Mumbai Police Warns On Twitter
- Nia Sharma Gives It Back To The Haters, Says She Can't Dress According To Trolls' Demands!
- Ishq Mein Marjawan: Nia Sharma’s Entry Brings Lot Of Twists; Actress Is Thrilled To Join The Show!
- Rubina Dilaik & Abhinav Shukla's Reception: Drashti Dhami, Vivian Dsena, Nia Sharma & Others Attend
- Nia Sharma Gets Massively Trolled For Her Bold Outfit; Haters Call Her 'Cheap Attention Seeker'
- Gold Awards 2018: Nia Sharma, Karanvir Bohra, Shakti Arora, Helly Shah & Others To Perform!
- Twisted 2: Nia Sharma’s Hotness & Intriguing Murder Mystery Are Not To Be Missed!
- Welcome 2018! Here’s How Jennifer Winget, DiVek, Anita-Rohit, Devoleena & Others Wished Their Fans…
- INSIDE PICS: Surbhi Jyoti, Asha-Rithvik, Nia Sharma & Others Attend Ravi Dubey’s Pre-birthday Bash
- Priyanka Chopra Voted Sexiest Asian In UK Poll; Deepika Padukone & Mahira Khan BEAT Katrina Kaif
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 8: Not Hina, But Shantanu Maheshwari Is The Winner; Check Out Grand Finale Pics!
Nia Sharma got popular with her role of Roshni on Zee TV's popular show Jamai Raja. Post the show, the actress was seen on the stunt-based reality show, Khatron Ke Khiladi 8. She had also worked in the web-series Twisted, in which she portrayed a bold and dark character. The actress recently made a comeback in fiction with the Colors' popular show, Ishq Mein Marjawan. She is seen playing a girl named Anjali, who claims she is Arohi. With Nia's entry, the viewers will get to watch a lot of twists on the show.
During an interaction with HT, the actress revealed that she decided to take up Ishq Mein Marjawan overnight! She also revealed that she rejected daily soaps and reality shows, as she was not happy with the offers.
Why Nia Decided To Do Ishq Mein Marjawan Overnight?
The actress was quoted by the leading daily as saying, "I decided to take up this role almost overnight. I met the producers and the role they offered was fantastic. The next day we started shooting promos, and within a few days, I was on air."
The Actress Is Happy With The Role
"I was happy that I wasn't replacing anybody or doing a cameo, instead, it is a full-fledged lead. What I love about this project is that the producers were very particular about wanting me in the show, and that felt nice."
"Usually, when you sign a show, it takes two to three months to set up and cast others and if you are lucky, in six months, your show is on air. But this was the quickest I have ever gone from signing the show to it going on air."
The Actress Wants To Do Performance-Oriented Shows
Nia says that looks don't matter. She revealed that she wanted to do performance-oriented roles. The actress says, "My only concern is to do performance-oriented roles. Looking good on screen or being an eye candy in a show isn't that important and I realised that after Jamai Raja."
She Turned Down Huge Amount Of Money & Shows!
"I have refused huge amounts of money, turned down daily soaps, and music and reality shows because I was unhappy with the offers. I have sacrificed a lot (of money) and though the decision was tough, at times. I knew what I wanted to do and stood by my decision."
“I Wanted To Create A Brand For Myself”
"After the love I got for my role in Jamai Raja, I knew I wanted to take that forward and create a brand for myself. Maybe I can make a lot of money doing shows where I hardly do anything substantial, but that is not my goal in life. It is not an easy decision to make but I have taken it."