- Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan Completes 16 Years; Juhi Parmar Aka Kumkum Gets Nostalgic!
- Juhi Parmar Hits Back At Ex-husband Sachin Shroff; Says Half The Truth Is Actually As Good As A Lie!
- Rita Bhaduri’s Friends Poonam Dhillon, Shabana Azmi, Anil Kapoor & Others Remember Her Fondly!
- Sachin Shroff & Juhi Parmar Divorce: Sachin Has Given Double The Amount That Juhi Had Agreed On!
- Juhi Parmar & Sachin Shroff Granted Divorce; 8 Years Of Marriage Ended!
- Aashka Goradia Reveals The Editing Trick Of A Reality Show Portrayed Her Sexuality In A Wrong Way!
- Bigg Boss 5 Winner Juhi Parmar Opens Up About Her Divorce With Sachin Shroff
- Another TV Couple Bites The Dust! Juhi Parmar & Sachin Shroff File For Divorce!
- TV’s Big Stories! Shilpa Shetty Launches Game Show; Nikita Dutta To Debut In B’wood & More…
- Bigg Boss Winners: From Rahul Roy To Gauhar Khan - Blast From The Past
- Holi Dhoom With Zoom: Sunny, Kamya, Dolly, Siddharth..In High Spirits!
- Bigg Boss 5 winner Juhi Parmar pregnant!
Recently, Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff ended their eight years of marriage. The couple had filed for a divorce in 2017 and were legally separated on June 25, 2018. Juhi and Sachin are blessed with a daughter, Samaira. Their daughter's custody has been given to Juhi. It has to be recalled that their divorce turned ugly, after Sachin stated that Juhi was never in love with him. He had also revealed that he has given his daughter double the amount that Juhi had agreed on! This didn't go well with Juhi, who reacted strongly to his statements by sharing an open letter. In her recent interviews, the actress opened up on life after divorce and how it is being a single parent. Keep reading!
“Being A Single Parent Is Definitely Tough”
The actress told Spotboye, "Being a single parent is definitely tough, but the child loves you doubly and that keeps you going. Frankly, I have been a single parent since the last 2 years. Every day is challenging, but it has been made easy by primarily by my sister, parents and friend Aashka Goradia. They have been pillars of strength in my hard times."
Her Parents Changed Their Lives For Her & Samira
She added that her parents changed their lives for her and Samaira. She revealed, "They changed their lives for me and Samaira. They said, 'Juhi, you go out to work and we'll look after your child'. That's how I started shooting for Shani."
Did Samaira Ask About Her Father When He Used To Disappear?
When asked whether Samaira asked about her father (Sachin) as he used to leave them and disappear for months, she said, "These are obvious questions that any child would ask in such circumstances, but a large percentage of her questions were only based on 'Mummy kab aayegi shoot se?' I guess till a certain point in his/her life, every child is more attached to his/her mother."
She adds that she was not worried about divorce proceedings as they had decided from day one that Samaira will be with her.
Most Challenging Part About Being A Single Parent
While talking to Pinkvilla, the actress revealed the most challenging part about being a single parent, she said "Well, there are times when my daughter doesn't want me to go off to shoot and would rather have me at home with her. I've heard her crying that 'mommy don't go' but I've had to leave for work. I want my daughter to see her mother as an independent woman and someday become one herself."
For Juhi, Samaira Comes First
When asked as to how she makes sure that she spends quality time with Samaira, the actress says that she is a mother first and an actress next. She adds, "For me Samiarra comes first. She's a happy child who loves playing dress up as Elsa (from Frozen) or there are times when we will watch a cartoon film together, sing songs and do everything and anything that makes her happy."