- Mitron Movie Review: When Life Gives You A 'Mitron', Laugh Your Heart Out & Grab The Lessons!
- Manmarziyaan vs Mitron Box Office Predictions: Which Film Will Entice The Audience?
- Exclusive! Kritika Kamra: There Is No Place For Fragile Egos When You Are An Actor
- Oops! Did 'Mitron' Actress Kritika Kamra Take A Jibe At Taapsee Pannu's Manmarziyaan Character?
- Remember Dancing Uncle? This Time He's Breaking The Internet With Kamariya Challenge!
- Mitron: Alia Bhatt Drops The Teaser Of Jackky Bhagnani-Kritika Kamra Film & It's Damn Funny!
Kritika Karma is one of the popular actresses of television industry. The actress, who became a household name with the show Kitni Mohabbat Hai & Reporters, and was last seen on Prem Ya Paheli - Chandrakanta, is all set for her debut film Mitron opposite Jackky Bhagnani. In an interview to India Times, the actress confessed that she had been waiting for her Bollywood debut for a long time, but didn't want to just be an accessory. The actress says she wants to do meaty roles and does not want to be just a prop in films.
The actress was quoted by a leading daily as saying, "TV is like a home ground to me, it's my comfort zone, I get to play leads there, everything is fine there, it's a great medium, it goes to the masses, it gives you the popularity and the money. The idea to do films is to do better content and do good roles."
Kritika opened up about the TRP game in the television industry. She said, "That's a two-way road, I respect television a lot, but I will not shy away from saying that it is going more regressive, maybe the regressive word is quite harsh, but we are becoming massy."
The actress feels that the show runs because the viewers watch it! She said, "But we have to understand that such shows are getting validations from the audience like Naagin is still the number one show, at the end you have to understand its business and people have to make money, it's not like a one-way thing that only such content is being made."
She further added, "I have been a part of shows like Reporters which was away from the mainstream television and we never got those TRPS like a supernatural show or a 'saas bahu' drama gets because people want to watch this, unless people reject this content, new content will not have space to breed, which is why now web has become other platform where intellectual and creative work is happening and as an actor, its good time for us too."
Well, we do agree with Kritika. What do you have to say? Hit the comment box to share your views.