TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Lenovo Might Launch A Dual-Screen Thinkpad Table In 2019
- Holidays For The Shutterbugs In India
- 5 Signs That Clearly Show You Are Over-scrubbing Your Face
- After Bashing Nawazuddin For Being A Mute Spectator, Chitrangada Says She Doesn't Want To Blame Him
- 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Revealed — India Launch In 2019
- The Top Five Knocks Of Virender Sehwag
- DRDO Recruitment 2018: Walk-In Interview For Research Associates And Junior Research Fellows
Indian television actors have a huge fan base all over the country, especially in Indonesia. A few popular television shows like Kumkum Bhagya, Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi and others are being telecasted in Indonesia. The actors also frequently visit the place for events or shows. Recently, Mishal Raheja, who is popular for portraying the role of Dutta Bhau in Laagi Tujhse Lagan, was shooting for a show in Indonesia. Fortunately, the actor left the place just hours before the earthquake hit!
Apparently, a 6.4 magnitude of earthquake hit Indonesia's Lombok Island on Sunday (July 29, 2018), which claimed 14 lives and left 160 injured. The actor, who is currently playing the role of King Singh on Kumkum Bhagya, was quoted by TOI as saying, "I shot for the show from July 23 to 28, at a spot just 15 minutes away from the affected area. The villagers were extremely warm and hospitable. We enjoyed the local cuisine and even went fishing with them."
Mishal further added, "Most of them knew me, because my previous show, Laagi Tujhse Lagan, was quite popular in Indonesia. However, just as I landed back home and switched on my phone, I saw messages and posts on my social media account, enquiring about my safety. That's when I realised that an earthquake had struck the island. It's scary and saddening."
The actor took to social media, "Praying for the safety of all people. May god be with you'll. #PrayersForIndonesia #StaySafeIndonesia #Indonesia." - (sic)
It has to be recalled that last year (2017), Kumkum Bhayga actor, Arjit Taneja also escaped from twin blasts that broke out at Jakarta, Indonesia. Apparently, the actor was shooting for the Indonesian show Naadin and stayed close to the site of explosions.