- Has Dipika Kakar Changed Her Name To Faiza After Marrying Shoaib Ibrahim?
- NEW PICS: Sanaya-Mohit, Bharti-Harsh & Others Attend Dipika Kakar & Shoaib Ibrahim GRAND Reception
- #MomentsWithSridevi! When Divyanka Tripathi Danced With The Bollywood DIVA Sridevi
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Says She Wouldn’t Mind Doing Nach Baliye For Ro; Reveals Her V-Day & Future Plans
- Another TV Couple Bites The Dust! Juhi Parmar & Sachin Shroff File For Divorce!
- Is Star Plus Giving More Importance To Divyanka Tripathi? Here’s What The Actress Has To Say….
- Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: What! Divyanka Tripathi’s Character Ishita To Die On The Show! (Watch Video)
- Latest TRP Ratings: The Kapil Sharma Show Drops Down Again; Nach Baliye Is Back With A Bang
- Arjun Bijlani-Neha Swami & Dipika Kakar-Shoaib Ibrahim Are Not Doing Nach Baliye 8!
- Kunal Verma & Puja Banerjee To Be On Nach Baliye 8
- Leaked! Celebrity Couples Who Have Been Approached For Nach Baliye 8!
- Rashmi Finally Breaks Silence On Divorce; Calls Her Marriage 'ABUSIVE'!
The legless, wheelchair-bound dancer, Vinod Thakur, who rose to fame with reality shows, Nach Baliye 6 and India's Got Talent, collapsed while on his way to the Gateway of India.
Apparently, Vinod was rushed to the Raksha Hospital at Malad and admitted to ICU in a critical condition. The incident took place in the wee hours of Sunday (April 29) morning.
Vinod Thakur Put On Ventilator After Health Worsens
According to Spotboye report, his condition has deteriorated. He has suffered a mild heart attack and has been put on a ventilator. The dancer was on a travelling spree. He was attempting a Guinness World Record of the longest wheelchair journey in association with the Nevada Putnan Foundation of Mumbai.
Vinod's Wheelchair Journey
He started his journey on his wheelchair from the India Gate at Delhi on March 18 covering almost 1,500 km on wheelchair in a span of 40 days. He was originally scheduled to reach the Gateway of India in Mumbai on April 30, 2018. Through his journey, Vinod also wished to create awareness about the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign.
The Dancer Is Suffering From Various Medical Issues
He was attended by Dr Pranav Kabra, who said that Vinod is suffering from severe dehydration, low BP, irregular heartbeat and other medical issues due to the strain associated with the wheelchair journey.
He Was Admitted To Hospital In A Serious Condition
Dr Pranav Kabra was quoted by Mid-day as saying, "The patient was admitted to the hospital around 5.30 am on Sunday. He was in such a critical condition that his blood pressure could not be recorded. His pulse was low and he was unconscious."
'He'll Need Another 24 Hours To Recover!'
"We immediately put him on ventilator and started administering inotrope drugs. Almost after a six-hour struggle, he regained consciousness. However, he'll need another 24 hours to recover."
Vinod's Journey To The Gateway of India Has Been Postponed
The founder and director of Nevada Putman Foundation, Nevada Putman told the leading daily, "Thakur is likely to stay in the hospital for another two to three days till his condition becomes stable. His journey to the Gateway of India has been postponed. After his recovery we will provide him the support required to complete the journey."
Vinod is not just a dancer, but also a stunt master and wheelchair cricketer.