- Former CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani On Papon Controversy: Such Celebs Shouldn’t Be Invited!
- Papon ‘Kiss’ Controversy: & TV Issues Statement; The Singer Quits The Voice Of India Kids 2!
- Papon Reacts To The Controversy; Says ‘I Feel I Am VICTIMIZED for NO FAULT Of Mine’!
- SHOCKING! Complaint Filed Against Singer Papon For Forcibly Kissing A Minor Girl On VOI!
- Kangana Ranaut & Sugandha Mishra Clarify About The ‘Slap’ Comment!
- FIR Actor Shiv Pandit Gets Hitched To Ameira Punvani; Anushka Sharma & Zoya Akhtar Wish The Couple
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding Confirmed? Farah Khan Accidentally Spills The Beans!
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Move To London After Wedding? The Couple Buy A House In The UK
- 5 Exciting Things About Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja's Wedding!
- Farah Khan To Choreograph Bride-To-Be Sonam Kapoor's Sangeet, Wedding Dates Out?
- Dil Se: Shahrukh Khan Went MISSING While Shooting For Jiya Jale Song, Reveals Farah Khan!
- Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor & Swara Bhaskar Kill It In Veere Di Wedding Song Shoot!
Popular singer, Angarag Papon Mahanta (popularly known as Papon) got into trouble after his video (in which he was seen kissing a minor girl on The Voice Of India Kids 2) went viral on social media. A complaint was filed against him by a Supreme Court lawyer.
Post the incident, Papon's manager and one of the contestants clarified about the incident. Papon too took to social media. The singer in his Facebook post said that he felt victimized for no fault!
The Girl Reacts
Now, the minor girl herself has reacted to the incident. In a video, she is seen clarifying the whole incident. She said that she, along with other contestants and parents went to Papon sir, during the Holi episode.
The Minor Girl Says
She adds that they were having fun when they went live on Facebook and he didn't do anything with the wrong intention. He kissed her just like her father or any other parent kiss a kid.
Gauhar Khan Slams The Singer
Meanwhile, Gauhar Khan has slammed the singer, "Wasn't smothering a child's face with your palm rubbing color all over it for 4 secs enough as fatherly love, that u had to pull the child's face then to strategically peck her on the lip??? There was no wrong camera angle or the child moving her face mistakenly BTW 🙄😡#papon👎"
Gaurhar Khan Trolled: Read Tweets
While many supported her view, a few of them trolled for slamming the singer. One of the user (Manoj) tweeted, "Gauhar tum ek no ki double standard women ho . Bb k time kaise bakwass kre the tumne."
@jacob3290 & Pratyush
@jacob3290: Thank god... u didnt say its over-reaction! Thanks a ton.
Pratyush Rajput 💥 🤗 🇮🇳: @GAUAHAR_KHAN don't take it so seriously it could be over reaction.
Raveena Tandon Slams The Singer
Apart from Gauhar, Bollywood actress, Raveena Tandon too has slammed the singer. She tweeted, "Disgusting! Shameful!Perverse! This man Papon should be arrested ! The girl's parents succumbing to pressure ! The explanations given are ridiculous! Haven't felt such anger and shame to see this happen and some on tv debates actually defending the act !"
Raveena Tandon Tweets
She further tweeted, "Whatever the situation,accidental,unintentional,affection,love, though it is sad the #papon controversy happened. But will be an eye opener and lesson for all to not getting carried away,and not crossing a line which can be seen as inappropriate."
Farah Khan Says Papon Is A Good Guy!
But Filmmaker and reality TV show judge, Farah Khan too has reacted to the incident. She was quoted by PTI as saying, "I know Papon, he is a good guy. But there is no doubt that when I saw the video, it made me uncomfortable."
"I don't think he meant to do it, but if it was my daughter I wouldn't like it. I think people should not touch other people's children and should just show affection to their own children."
‘It Didn’t Give Me A Good Feeling’!
She further said, "I think, if you see the girl's face after it happened, you'll realise how uncomfortable she was. But like I said, he is not a mad person to do it while the camera was rolling. He must have genuinely not meant it, but it didn't give me a good feeling."
NCPR To Take Necessary Legal Action!
Meanwhile, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has issued a notice to both singer Papon and the TV channel. The NCPCR official was quoted as saying, "We have seen the video and have gone through the written complaint which came to us from Supreme Court lawyer Runa Bhuyan. We felt this is a provocative case. Necessary legal action will be taken."