- Latest TRP Ratings: DD National Enters The TRP Race; Kumkum Bhagya, YRKKH & TKSS Drop Down!
- Back To 80s! After Shahrukh Khan’s Circus, Doordarshan To Reintroduce Malgudi Days!
- Woah! Shahrukh Khan’s Cult TV Show Circus Is Back On Doordarshan!
- Golden Era of Doordarshan! Evergreen DD Shows That We Miss Even Today!
- Feeling Nostalgic! Sea Hawks, Malgudi Days, Surabhi … - 27 Television Shows We Miss Today!
- Sharmila Tagore Joins Daughter Soha Ali Khan For A New Show On DD!
In a shocking incident, a known educationist and writer, Rita Jatinder, who was the guest on a popular regional Doordarshan TV show, died during the live telecast on Monday (September 10, 2018). According to IANS report, Rita was answering questions about her life and achievements on the channel's 'Good Morning J&K' show, when she collapsed. Everyone at the show tried to revive her, but she didn't respond. Later, she was rushed to a hospital. The 86-year-old woman was later declared dead.
According to IANS report, the producers of the widely watched TV show were unable to handle the unforeseen situation initially. The show's host Zahid Mukhtar told IANS that at that point of time, Rita was imitating the now ailing Bollywood star Dilip Kumar. The host said that when Rita collapsed, they thought she was acting.
She added, "It took us a few moments to realise something was seriously wrong. We tried to revive her. Producers, our assistants, everyone tried to revive her. But she did not respond. She was rushed to a hospital where she was declared brought dead."
The producer of the programme, Tanveer Mir, said Rita choked suddenly and collapsed. Tanveer was quoted by Kashmir Reader as saying, "It's shocking for us as this is the first incident in the Doordarshan history when any guest died in a live program."
Rita Jatinder was a former Secretary of the Academy of Art, Culture and Languages in the Jammu and Kashmir Government. Apparently, she was supposed to attend three shows, all in Srinagar, including one for Radio Kashmir.
About the show Good Morning J&K: The show has been aired since 15 years, attracting some of the best talent as its guests. It is the most widely watched TV show.
(With IANS Inputs)