TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Television actor Kavi Kumar Azad passed away on July 9, 2018 after suffering a cardiac arrest. He played the role of Dr Hansraj Hathi on SAB TV's popular show, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and was immensely loved by fans. As soon as the news of his sad demise was announced, fans and his industry friends took to social media to express their grief and condolences. Meanwhile, Ardent fans of the show might now be wondering as to what will happen to Dr Hathi's role!
Recently, there were reports that the makers are hunting for Dr Hansraj Hathi aka Kavi Kumar Azad's replacement. The producer of the show, Asit Kumarr Modi told Spotboye, "We will have to replace Dr Hathi, if you want to know. It's the actor who has passed away, not the character."
Now, it is being said that the makers have found the replacement. Any guess who might play Dr Hathi's role? Well, it is being said that Nirmal Soni, who was previously seen as Dr Hathi on the show, might return!
A source from the Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma was quoted by IE as saying, "Dr Hathi is a very important part of the show. The audience loves him and so the makers want to retain the character. Producer Asit Kumarr Modi is personally looking into the casting and wants the perfect replacement. While it's really hard to find someone as talented as Kavi, we are doing our best. We should have a confirmation about the replacement soon."
The report suggested, "There's also a probability that actor Nirmal Soni, who earlier played Dr Hathi, might be called back." Apparently, Nirmal Soni played the role of Dr Hathi for a year, and was replaced by Kavi Kumar Azad in 2009.