- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Here’s Who Might Replace Dr Hathi Aka Kavi Kumar Azad
- Munmun Dutta Lashes Out At People Who Clicked Selfies At Kavi Kumar Azad’s Funeral!
- Did Salman Khan Pay The Hospital Expenses Of TMKOC Actor Kavi Kumar Azad?
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Team’s Tribute Video To Kavi Kumar Azad Will Move You To Tears!
- TMKOC Actor Kavi Kumar Azad’s Doctor Who Saved Him Eight Years Ago Reveals SHOCKING Details!
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Kavi Kumar Azad Cremated; Family & Friends Bid A Teary Goodbye
- TMKOC’s Dilip Joshi Says Kavi Kumar Azad Was The Laughing Buddha On The Sets; Will Truly Be Missed!
- TMKOC’s Kavi Kumar Azad’s Death: Disha Vakani Shocked; Is Angry Over False Reports!
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Team Is Shocked Over Dr Hathi Aka Kavi Kumar Azad’s Death!
- Shocking! Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Dr Hathi Aka Kavi Kumar Azad Is Dead!
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’s Disha Vakani To Come Back? Fans Heartbroken By Her Announcement!
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's Disha Vakani Shares First Pic Of Her Daughter; Calls Her ‘World'!
Kavi Kumar Azad's death has shocked the fans and industry. The actor, who played the role of Dr Hathi on SAB TV's popular show, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, died of a cardiac arrest on July 9, 2018. It was said that the actor was taken to Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai, after he complained of discomfort. But the doctors announced him dead on arrival. The actor was cremated at Mira Road (East) Crematorium on July 10, 2018.
Shailesh Lodha, Neha Mehta, Jennifer Mistry, Nidhi Bhanushali Daya Shanker Pandey and Bhavya Gandhi were a few of his friends who were present for the actor's last rites.
Asit Kumarr Modi Talks About Kavi’s Death
Talking about Kavi's death, the producer of TMKOC Asit Kumarr Modi told Mid-day, "After his health scare in 2009, he promised to take better care of himself. He was not married and considered the Taarak Mehta team as family. Often, he would bring home-cooked food for the entire team. He would tell me, ‘When I come to the set, the people here make me forget all my troubles'."
Kavi’s Old Interview
In an old interview, Kavi had detailed that he had to undergo a surgery years ago. He had revealed how he was almost dead as he had collapsed on the sets and was put on a ventilator. He had said that it was a miracle that he was still alive and added that he faced weight issues since childhood.
‘I Was Almost A Dead Case’
He was quoted by a leading daily as saying, "I had to be wheeled into the hospital. I was almost a dead case."He further added, "Since childhood, I've been a butt of many jokes. I would completely avoid going out. People would laugh at me. Professionally, it was a cumbersome task. I would get tired easily."
Kavi Had Revealed
"I couldn't walk a step without it being a task - if I did, it would be like a robot. Even getting into the car was a task. Medically, I was a mess. I was breathless even while doing routine tasks and I had severe sleep apnea." He had said that he had improved his quality of life afterwards!