For Quick Alerts
    ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS  
    For Daily Alerts
    Videos

      Sunil Pal Booked For Calling Doctors ‘Demons’ And ‘Thieves’ In His Social Media Post About COVID-19 Crisis

      |

      The COVID-19 crisis in the has country lead to a lot of celebs sharing their views on social media. In the same vein, comedian Sunil Pal had posted a video last month on his social media where he allegedly called doctors 'demons’ and 'thieves’ while handling the COVID-19 patients.

      According to a report in The Times of India, the Andheri police in Mumbai have lodged a first information report (FIR) against Pal on Tuesday, May 4, for his video on social media wherein he is seen making derogatory comments against doctors. The police have booked the comedian based on a complaint filed by Dr Sushmita Bhatnagar, president of the Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai).

      Sunil Pal

      Senior Police Inspector Vijay Belge of Andheri police station has confirmed that an FIR has been filed against Sunil Pal and he has been booked under sections 500 (defamation) and 505 (2) (public mischief) of the Indian Penal Code.

      ALSO READ: Nikki Tamboli Shares A Heart-Wrenching Post, Reveals Her Father Also Lost His Mother Along With His SonALSO READ: Nikki Tamboli Shares A Heart-Wrenching Post, Reveals Her Father Also Lost His Mother Along With His Son

      Meanwhile, Sunil Pal who had made some shocking allegations against doctors in his video, has also broken his silence and said that he has put out another video to apologise to anyone who was hurt because of his views.

      ALSO READ: Parth Samthaan And Himanshi Khurana Take The First Dose Of COVID-19 VaccineALSO READ: Parth Samthaan And Himanshi Khurana Take The First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine

      He told TOI, "I have also put another video apologising if anyone has got hurt with the video. But I still stand by my comments because doctors were considered as God. During these tough times, poor people are made to suffer and I have mentioned in the video, 90% of doctors are dressed in demons and the rest there are still 10% doctors who are doing their duty to serve people. There is no need for doctors to get hurt if they are serving and doing their duty sincerely. Also, I did not get any notice from the police so far."

      Get Instant News Updates
      Enable
      x
      Notification Settings X
      Time Settings
      Done
      Clear Notification X
      Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
      Settings X
      X