TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is What The Supreme Court Had To Say About The Rafale Deal — 12 Points
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 1 — Live Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Old Debit/ATM/Credit Cards To Become Invalid From 31 December
- Delivery Boy Eats Food Before Delivering It [Video]
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Irrfan Khan's exit from Amazon Prime Original Series Gormint was announced on Monday, August 13, 2018, by the actor on his Facebook page. The news was further confirmed by the Director and Head, Content, Amazon Prime Video Vijay Subramaniam in an official statement. The actor had to exit the series due to his ill health, for which he's undergoing treatment in London. Irrfan is suffering from a rare kind of cancer called neuroendocrine tumour, which was diagnosed earlier this year, 2018.
On his Facebook page Irrfan wrote, "With a heavy heart I would like to say that due to this ongoing situation, I will not be able to fulfil my acting commitment to the show.I am gutted by this development because the character and the show thrilled me and I even lived with the character for several months before having to cut the journey short. But after extensive discussions, workarounds and sincere efforts by everyone involved, the situation prevents me from being able to do the show entirely. And thus, I must, at this time, exit stage left."
Co-Founder of AIB, Gursimran Khamba also shared a picture of Irrfan from the sets of the forthcoming project Gormint and wrote, "I'd like to inform everyone that due to Irrfan sir's unfortunate health situation we've jointly decided that he no longer be cast in the show. Over the last year as we worked on the show he's been everything from a friend, teacher to a mentor and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to collaborate with him."
Amazon Prime Video India Director and Content Head Vijay Subramaniam confirmed the news in a statement saying, "Amazon Prime Video, along with the show's creators and cast, are deeply saddened by this news. Irrfan has been - and will continue to remain a part of the Amazon family. We wish him a speedy and successful recovery and look forward to watching the show with him sitting right next to us."
We wish Irrfan Khan a speedy recovery and hope to see him back on the screen soon.