TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Balu Mahendra, who was trained in Pune Film Institute, belong to Sri Lanka. He studied cinematography and entered the Malayalam Film industry as cinematographer through Nellu. He turned himself as director through a Kannada film Kokila. The film was a big hit and he started getting offers as director both in Kannada and Tamil films, besides working as cinematographer for some others. Azhiyaadha Kolangal, Veedu, Sandhya Ragam and Moonram Pirai (Kamal, Sridevi paired Vasanta Kokila in Telugu) are some of his unforgettable films. He had a dream to direct Vikram but it failed to take place till date.
Yet another unfulfilled wish of Balu Mahendra is to make a film on the problems faced by Sri Lankan Tamils. Now that he became a little old and had decided to note down all his reminiscences. His assistant Gopalie would pen them as Balu dictates. In fact, it is Balu Mahendra who taught acting to top artistes like Rajanikanth and Chiranjeevi. His autobiography would remain a treasure for the film lovers because he is the man who understood the grammar of cinema, he created his own cinema language and carved a niche for himself.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Guru becomes Gurukanth
Annavaram gets ready for Dec 29 release