TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
It seems 2006 is a very lucky year for Mega Star Chiranjeevi. He was honoured with a top civilian award, 'Padma Bhushan' this year, got his daughter married and now coming up is another surprise. In 2004, he played hero in Shankar Dada MBBS, wherein the hero gets a doctor degree with no basic education. Now in real life, this Mega Star, who never visited a medical college for pursuing a degree, is getting a 'Dr' tag before his name.
Yes. Andhra University had announced that it was going to award doctorate to Chiranjeevi for his services to the Telugu film industry and also for his social consciousness. It may be mentioned here that Chiranjeevi, taking a cue from Mother Teresa, jumped into social service. He started Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust and with the help of his fans organising blood banks and eye banks. Chiranjeevi's fans had also taken up plantation of saplings to maintain the ecological balance. In this backdrop, the Andhra University had decided to honour him with a doctorate.
The award would be presented to Chiranjeevi on November 6 at a grand function in Andhra University. Andhra University is also awarding a doctorate to former Andhra Pradesh governor Mr Rangarajan, the financial adviser to the Prime Minister, on the same day.