TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Eluru (UNI): Telugu Film Comedian 'Iron Leg' Shastri died following cardiac arrest at his residence in Tadepalligudem near here early today. He was 44. He is survived by his wife, one son and a daughter.
Born as Gunupudi Viswanath Shastri, he was known as "Iron Leg" Shastri in Telugu cinema, which he entered in 1992. He was introduced to the industry by noted director E V V Satyanarayana. His first picture was 'Appula Appa Rao. The popular comedian acted in more than 150 films. Since the last two years, he was in deep finanical crisis. Mr Shastri was suffering from jaundice for the last few days. He suffered a stroke after midnight last night. Meanwhile, his family members appealed to Andhra Pradesh government and the Telugu film industry to extend financial assistance to them as they were in penury.