TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
It is well known that Puri Jagannath, who rewrote the 75-year-old history of Telugu cinema with his blockbuster Pokiri with Maheshbabu and Ileana playing lead roles, was selected for the KV Reddy memorial award. The award was presented to him by Yuva Kala Vahini at a grand function on Sunday (October 29) evening. State Home Minister Jana Reddy, BN Reddy, Saripally Kondala Rao, Srikanth and Chakri graced the function as guests.
Jana Reddy says, 'Though a cultural organization, Yuva Kala Vahini is doing yeoman service. It is picking up the finest talents in the field of Telugu cinema to award them in the name of our top directors. I watched Pokiri very recently and the film is quite good and is filled with good emotions. I wish Puri Jagan would bring out many more such vibrant films and take the Telugu film industry to newer heights.' Responding to the felicitation, Puri Jaganath says, 'I am very happy for receiving this prestigious award. I should recall a memorable incident with the late KV Reddy in whose memory I got this award. My father owned a film theatre in our home town. When I was five-year-old, a film directed by KV Reddy, Uma Chandi was screened. Inspired by that film, my father named my younger brother as Uma Shankar Ganesh. Like many directors, I too love the work of KV Reddy. In fact, his dialogue 'Sahasam Cheyara Dimbhaka' is an inspiration behind all my works. I am ready to take risks and do adventure with a lot of passion. I thank Pawan Kalyan on this occasion, who gave a chance to make my debut as director.