TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
On the 1931,September 15th, first Telugu talkie cinema called Bhakata Praharlada was released. This film was produced by HM Reddy. As there were no popular cinema artists at that time, HM Reddy selected Surabhi stage artists who were very popular at the time. This film was shot at Imperial Studios in Bombay. HM Reddy had to take all the artists to Bombay and he used the sets of Alamara (which was the first hindi talkie). This film was completed in 20 days with the expenditure around twenty thousand rupees. Dharamavarapu Krishnama Chary's play Praharlada was used by Reddy as the script for this film-that makes him the first telugu film writer. The role of Hiranyakasayapa played by VV Subba Rao, Leelavathi by Surabhi Kamalabai, Praharlada by Master Krishna. The Tollywood bigwig LV Prasad also acted one of the diciple of Chitravarapu Narasimha Rao.