TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi snow map yet to arrive on PUBG Mobile India, know why
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack
Monday, December 04, 2006
It is well aware that senior artiste, singer and director G Varalakshmi died on November 26. A commemorative meeting was held to pay tributes in which several film personalities participated. Those who attended the programme included Muralimohan, Giribabu, Saradhi, Gauthamraju, Kondavalasa Lakshmana Rao, Kadambari Kiran, K Raghavendra Rao, Dr D Ramanaidu, KS Ramarao, KC Sekhar Babu, Tammareddy Krishnamurthy, Raghava of Pratap Arts and Tiruvuri Gopalakrishna. Movie Artistes' Association (MAA) secretary Mallikarjuna Rao presided over the meeting.
Dr D Ramanaidu says, 'G Varalakshmi acted in one of my films Anuragam. In that film, she had to look dead in one scene and she should be very weak. So, she stopped eating for one week and joined the shooting. After performing in the court scene, she fell unconscious. She is such a dedicated artiste. She had also participated in various social service activities and remained a torch-bearer.' Raghava of Pratap Arts says, 'It is really unfortunate and a great loss to the Telugu film industry for losing a good artiste.' Several artistes expressed similar opinions. The meeting observed a two-minute silence in her memory and prayed that her soul rest in peace.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Poramboku completes talkie
Annavaram in re-recording