TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Monday, December 04, 2006
It is well aware that senior artiste, singer and director G Varalakshmi died on November 26. A commemorative meeting was held to pay tributes in which several film personalities participated. Those who attended the programme included Muralimohan, Giribabu, Saradhi, Gauthamraju, Kondavalasa Lakshmana Rao, Kadambari Kiran, K Raghavendra Rao, Dr D Ramanaidu, KS Ramarao, KC Sekhar Babu, Tammareddy Krishnamurthy, Raghava of Pratap Arts and Tiruvuri Gopalakrishna. Movie Artistes' Association (MAA) secretary Mallikarjuna Rao presided over the meeting.
Dr D Ramanaidu says, 'G Varalakshmi acted in one of my films Anuragam. In that film, she had to look dead in one scene and she should be very weak. So, she stopped eating for one week and joined the shooting. After performing in the court scene, she fell unconscious. She is such a dedicated artiste. She had also participated in various social service activities and remained a torch-bearer.' Raghava of Pratap Arts says, 'It is really unfortunate and a great loss to the Telugu film industry for losing a good artiste.' Several artistes expressed similar opinions. The meeting observed a two-minute silence in her memory and prayed that her soul rest in peace.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Poramboku completes talkie
Annavaram in re-recording