TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Noted artiste of yesteryears G Varalakshmi passed away after a brief illness in Chennai on Sunday. She was 80. Varalakshmi is suffering from some ailment for the past some time and is getting treatment in a private hospital. She was discharged on Saturday and was again admitted to the hospital on Sunday evening after her condition turned critical. She died in the hospital. The funeral was held on Monday. She is the second wife of KS Prakasa Rao, father of director K Raghavendra Rao. She is now staying with her daughter Kanakadurga in Chennai. Born in 1927 at Ongole district (present Prakasam district), she made her debut in to the Telugu films through 'Bhakta Prahlada' as a child artiste. Her films like Kula Gotralu, Mangalya Bandham and Pelli Chesi Choodu earned her a good name. Her last film is Leta Manasulu.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Uday Kiran tries Tollywood again
Mumaith Khan has progressed