TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Allu Ramalingaiah was the finest comedian in the industry. The ward has been constituted in his memory and the award for this year is being conferred on Dr. Rajendra Prasad. The award was presented to him at a colorful function at Hari Hara Kala Bhavan on October 1.
Governor N D Tiwari, Chiranjeevi, Minsiter Buddha Prasad, V Hanumantha and many comedians from the industry took part in the function. The even was organised by Yuva Kalavahini. During this function Dr Rajendra Prasad recalled his association with late Allu Ramalingaiah, the all time great comediyan. "It is beyond my words to express my happiness on this occasion. I have special relationship with Allu Ramalingiah's family. He is like guru to several artistes who liked comedy and humor. Allu brought universal acclaim for Telugu cinema entertainment particularly with his uncanny sense of comedy. He is also a great humanist.
The same spirit is seen in Megastar Chiranjeevi, who reflects it through social service. I shall continue to uphold the legacy left behind by this great artiste Allu Ramalingiah." Megastar Chiranjeevi richly felicitated Rajendra Prasad on this occasion. The Governor and Chiranjeevi presented the Award, Veena and citation to him amidst profuse appreciation from the guests.
Chiranjeevi said: "I have worked with Rajendra Prasad in Hitler. I still recall his dedication to the profession. He would never compromise when it comes to entertaining the audiences. He can go to any extent to bring healthy comedy. He stands as a bridge between the senior comedians and upcoming artistes. A number of artistes will come and go, but Rajendra Prasad will always have a special place in the hearts of Telugus."